Sunday, April 15, 2007

What Now, Pacquiao?

This time I finally succeeded in finding a live streaming site on the web so I was able to watch a commercial-free Manny Pacquiao-Jorge Solis fight. That folks is a lot of relief considering the alternative - seeing the commercial of Recom Echiverri dancing Boom Tarat Tarat (what an assault to the senses!).

To be honest, I really don't know what to feel about Pacquiao right now. A few days ago, I told friends that I wanted him to lose the fight and the elections. But today, right before the fight started, I wanted, badly, for him to win his fight spectacularly. This despite Hermie Rivera's overhype (seriously? Ang kanyang puso at katapangan ay kasinlaki ng utang panlabas ng ating bansa. What sort of garbage is that?!).

The fight was a bit boring in the early goings, but picked up when Pacquiao got an accidental cut on his left eyebrow (like, he literally saw red and went on a rampage). I'm amused by their constant reference to Pacquiao as a "congressional candidate".

I am still excited about his win, but not as much as I used to. I guess Pacquiao lost a bit of his magic in my eyes when he decided to pursue a political career. Because, really, Congressman Manny Pacquiao?! Sounds and feels all kinds of wrong. But that's just me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatever works for Pacquiao. I was actually at San Antonio a day before the fight. Missed it. Not that I'd watch it, though. :)