Monday, December 31, 2007
1* Do you like cheese?
I like it on my spaghetti and pizza and as ‘palaman sa tinapay’ but I don’t like eating it on its own.
2* Have you ever smoked heroin?
3* Do you own a gun?
Nope. And I make it a point not to give toy guns to my godsons.
4* Your favorite song?
Top of the head? Upside Down by Two Minds Crack
5* Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
Sort of. I think I’m just naturally paranoid.
6* What do you think of hotdogs?
I love them! Unlike cheese, I can definitely eat hotdogs without embellishments.
7* Favorite Christmas song?
Right now it’s Band Aid’s “Do They Know It’s Christmas?”. Also, Jars of Clay’s version of “Little Drummer Boy”.
8* What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
9* Can you do push ups?
Yep, but who actually enjoys doing it?!
10* Favorite super-hero?
11* What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
Earrings. I feel naked if I don’t wear any.
12* Favorite hobby?
13* Secret weapon to get the opposite sex?
Syempre secret hahaha! I don’t know really but when I usually become snappish towards a guy, it means I’m starting to like him.
14* Do you have A.D.D.?
Hahaha… I don’t know. There are times when I’m hyper but it’s not consistent. I don’t think that counts.
15* What one trait do you hate about yourself?
I overanalyze. Sometimes things are simply what they are.
16* Middle Name?
B as in boy!
17* Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment
1. Why do these things always happen to me?!
2. I want to smack my brother for what he did to my car again.
3. I think I need to comb my hair all the time.
18* Name 3 things you bought today?
1. Boxer shorts for my brother
2. A new top
3. Office desk mirror
19* Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
1. Cold water
2. Cold water
3. Iced cold water
20* Current worry right now?
That the world is getting smaller damn it!!!
21* Current hate?
22* Favorite place?
My room. Starbucks in Standard Chartered Ayala. Powerbooks.
23* How will you bring in the New Year?
Fireworks, videoke and dancing in the streets!
24* Where would you like to go?
Baguio. Back to Bora again. Ilocos (Joy!!!). LONDON!
25* Name three people who will complete this and return?
Easy – Bom, Mark, Jen. You three better do this! Hahaha!
26* Do you own flip flops?
27* What shirt are you wearing?
My Beatles shirt.
28* Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
29* Can you whistle?
Big fat NO.
30* Favorite color/s?
31* Would you like to be a pirate?
As long as Jack Sparrow is my captain!
32* What songs do you sing in the shower room?
Whatever’s stuck in my head.
33* Favorite girl's name?
34* Favorite boy's name?
35* What's in your pocket right now?
36* Last thing that made you laugh?
My brother’s friend. He’s such a character!
37* Best bed sheets as a child?
Hmm… couldn’t remember.
38* Worst injury you've ever had?
Probably the sprained foot back in college.
39* Do you love where you live?
I love our home. However late the time is, I still will choose to go home than sleep someplace else. And for all its faults and excesses, I’m alright with living in Tondo.
40* How many computers do you have in your house?
41* Who is your loudest friend?
42* How many dogs do you have?
43* Does someone have a crush on you?
45* What is your favorite book?
Excepting Harry Potter, To Kill A Mockingbird.
46* What is your favorite candy?
Skittles. And any mint chewing gum.
47* Favorite Sports Teams?
Ginebra Gin Kings forever and ever. Dallas Mavericks. Manchester United.
48* What song do you want played at your funeral?
I haven’t really thought about it. As long as it’s not Hindi Kita Malilimutan or Habang May Buhay.
49* What were you doing 12 AM last night?
Re-reading one of my Foxtrot treasuries.
50* What is the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
Why am I already awake at 6:12 in the morning?! But of course I went back to sleep and woke up again around 10 am.
Mark the ones you've seen.There are about 170 movies on this list.
( ) Oh My Ghost!
( ) White Lady
( ) Wag Kang Lilingon
(x) Feng Shui
(x) KKK (Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo)
(x) Enteng Kabisote
( ) Enteng Kabisote 2
( ) Enteng Kabisote 3
(x) Super Noypi
( ) Karma
(x) Shake, Rattle and Roll
( ) D Anothers
(x) First Day High
(x) Bring it On 1
(x) Bring it On 2
(x) Bring it On 3
(x) Fun With Dick and Jane
( ) Cake
( ) Zathura
( ) Dead or Alive
(x) 8 Mile
(x) 50 First Dates
(x) The Princess Diaries
(x) The Princess Diaries 2: Royal
(x) Legally Blonde
(x) Legally Blonde 2
(x) Charlie's Angels
(x) Charlie's Angels 2
(x) Dude, where's my car?
(x) Scary Movie
(x) Scary Movie 2
(x) Scary Movie 3
(x) Scary Movie 4
(x) American Pie
(x) American Pie 2
(x) American Wedding
( ) American Pie Band Camp
(x) Harry Potter
(x) Harry Potter 2
(x) Harry Potter 3
(x) Harry Potter 4
(x) Resident Evil 1
(x) Resident Evil 2
(x) The Wedding Singer
(x) Cinderella Man
(x) The Village
(x) Coyote Ugly
(x) Space Jam
( ) Finding Neverland
( ) The Grinch
(x) Texas Chainsaw Massacre
(x) White Chicks
(x) Little Manhattan
( ) 13 Going on 30
(x) Devil Wears Prada
(x) Mighty Ducks 1
(x) Mighty Ducks 2
(x) Mighty Ducks 3
( ) Mighty Ducks 4 (FOR REAL?!)
(x) Deep Impact
( ) King Pin
(x) Meet The Parents
(x) Meet the Fockers
( ) Eight Crazy Nights
( ) Joe Dirt
Total : 7
( ) Alice in Wonderland
( ) The Terminal
( ) The Lizzie McGuire Movie
(x) Deep Blue Sea
(x) Dumb & Dumber
( ) Dumber & Dumberer
(x) Final Destination
(x) Final Destination 2
(x) Final Destination 3
(x) The Ring
(x) The Ring 2
(x) Ring Zero
( ) Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle
(x) Practical Magic
( ) Ghost Ship
(x) From Hell
(x) Secret Window
(x) I Am Sam
Total : 16
(x) The Day After Tomorrow
(x) Child's Play
( ) Seed of Chucky
( ) Bride of Chucky
(x) 10 Things I Hate About You
( ) Just Married
( ) Gothika
(x) Nightmare on Elm Street
( ) Sixteen Candles
(x) Remember the Titans
(x) Coach Carter
(x) The Grudge
(x) The Grudge 2
(x) The Mask
( ) Son Of The Mask
(x) My Super Ex-Girlfriend
( ) Joy Ride
( ) She's the Man
(x) Ocean's Eleven
(x) Ocean's Twelve
(x) Mean Girls
( ) Step Up
(x) Pearl Harbor
(x) Predator I
(x) Predator II
( ) Superstar
(x) Happy Feet
(x) Ice Age
(x) Ice age 2 The Meltdown
(x) Independence Day
( ) Idle Hands
( ) Darkness Falls
(x) Children of the Corn
(x) My Boss' Daughter
(x) Maid in Manhattan
(x) Monsters Inc.
(x) Rush Hour
(x) Rush Hour 2
( ) Best Bet
(x) How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
(x) She's All That
( ) Mars Attacks
( ) Event Horizon
(x) Ever After
(x) Forrest Gump
( ) Big Trouble in Little China
(x) The Terminator
(x) The Terminator 2
(x) The Terminator 3
Total : 17
(x) X-Men 2
(x) X-Men 3
(x) Spider-Man 2
( ) Sky High
(x) Jeepers Creepers
( ) Jeepers Creepers 2
(x) Catch Me If You Can
(x) The Others
( ) The Eye
(x) Dark Water
(x) Cruel Intentions
(x) Cruel Intentions 2
(x) The Hot Chick
( ) Shrek 2
Total : 13
( ) Swimfan
( ) Miracle
(x) School of Rock
( ) K-Paxx
(x) Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
(x) Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
(x) Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
(x) A Walk To Remember
(x) Hollow Man
(x) The 40-year-old-virgin
(x) The Exorcist
( ) Exorcism of Emily Rose
Grand Total: 125 out of 170
Friday, December 28, 2007
Anyway, today is the last working day for the year.
I have an early New Year’s resolution which came to me last Dec. 23 – next year, I will no longer give presents to my godchildren and relatives, I will just give them cash. While it’s true that I still love buying gifts and wrapping gifts, the past three Christmases I was always in cramming mode when it comes to buying stuffs and wrapping these up! Blame it on my habit of procrastinating (pwede namang ang New Year’s resolution ko ay wag ng mag-procrastinate, pero hindi na lang. I love procrastinating!). And yep, blame it on those ungrateful brats who couldn’t appreciate the effort, care and obsession I put into in selecting and wrapping their gifts. Aba, ma-effort kaya ang maghanap ng magandang regalo pero cheap!
It was a real crazy year – but that’s for another entry! I’m just not in the mood to file documents right now (another New Year’s resolution?) and I feel a bit lonely here so I just want to blog for a while.
(Which reminds me - I have not shared yet what happened to me last Friday! As if I need another proof that my crybaby days are back, I found myself crying while I was stuck in traffic! I don’t know which part of that sentence is the least surprising – the one about the horrendous traffic situation in Manila or the one about me crying for the most shallow of reasons.
So, anyway, here I was, stuck somewhere in the Pier area in Manila, with my car sandwiched amongst ginormous trucks, listening to the live broadcast of Gary V.’s concert in Eastwood and I was crying. The culprits? Reaching Out and Take Me Out Of The Dark. Kumusta naman yun?! Well, maybe it's my way of coping with paranoia because everytime I look behind, the headrest at the backseat seemed to contain a head! Scary!)
Monday, December 24, 2007
- a new iPod (I still love my trusty old iPod nano, but it's already two years old and it hanged up on me once already);
- DVD (original or pirated) of Karate Kid parts 1-3 that I've been wishing for for the last three Christmases; and
- Boxed set of the Bloomsbury edition of the Harry Potter books 1-7, either the adult or children's edition (and please don't tell me that I already have a copy of all the books and, save for a few spelling differences, these are all the same. I perfectly know that. I just want those.)
But if I suddenly find Morgan sleeping beside me when I wake up on Christmas morning, it will be perfectly okay with me if you will not grant me those three wishes. Mind you, I would willingly forgo making my Christmas list for the next 5 years.
Lots of love and affection,
My most loved readers,
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
And please don't feel oblige to watch any of the crap films that the MMFF are trying to shove down our throats. It's perfectly fine to just stay at home with your loved ones.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
So I give the song a rest for a few days before I listen to it again. The urge to cry was gone but I still feel this tug in my heart. Maybe because it breaks my heart to realize that more than 20 years has passed since the recording of that song and still the problem of world hunger that they tried to address is still existing today.
But anyway, I found a way to make myself feel just a little better: I watched the song's video in YouTube and it was such a nice trip down the memory lane - seeing the young Boy George, George Michael, Sting and Bono who was just so handsome:
I also checked out the Live Aid performance and it was even better! David freakin' Bowie was there and so was Freddie Mercury! And Sir Paul McCartney!
So, 10 more days to go before Christmas. I wish for a lot of things, but now I wish we could give an affirmative answer to their question - "Do they know it's Christmas time at all?"
Go to the Wikipedia home page and click Random Article. That is your band's name.
Click Random Article again; that is your album name.
Click Random Article 15 more times; those are the tracks on your album.
My Band's Name: Koh Boon Hwee
Our Album Name: Grangegorman
Charlotte Elliott – our band seems to be interested in making songs about real people!
Portman Building Society
Things That U Do – of all the artist that we could have covered, why Jay-Z?!
Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry (European Commission) – whoa! what a long title for a song!
John Nevil Maskelyne
Battle of Brandywine – token nationalistic song
Gate of Heaven Cemetery – token morbid song
Cantitruncated Tesseract – what a lovely title for a song!
Friday, December 14, 2007
- Stevie Wonder songs – I understand that a lot of people love his songs because I love them, too. But I just can’t stand listening yet again to a cover of Overjoyed, Knocks Me Off My Feet and Lately.
- Songs with glory notes, like I Will Always Love You, Love Takes Time, Love Will Lead You Back and any Celine Dion songs.
- Power ballads – I pity those Metal bands. For all their macho posturing and hedonistic-themed songs, they will forever be associated with their mushy power ballads (which is almost always their most commercially successful singles).
- Not really a song but can we please stop this pathetic need to make a Bossa effin’ Nova version of every songs?! They did it with Beatles, they did it with VST and Company, fuck, they even did it with Nirvana! And recently I heard in the mall a Bossa Nova album of Christmas songs and it made me want to scream and scream. Enough already!
- Bohemian Rhapsody by The Queen – should only be sung in karaokes when you’re trying to have fun. Not to be sung in noon time variety shows.
Make up a word and give us its definition.
Aaiiyeeehi – the sound that explodes in my head when I see my crush unexpectedly.
What is currently your favorite song?
“Run” by Snow Patrol. It’s one of the songs that I will always associate with this special person (corny…). It’s a sad goodbye song (ouch) but there’s hope behind the sadness.
What’s at the top of your Christmas wish list this year?
The very first thing I asked for was the DVD of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and hopefully, I will get it tonight! Other things I asked for are books, DVDs and yes, a freakin’ corkboard that I’ve been wanting to buy for, like, forever. Right now I just passed by National Bookstore and they got tons and tons of Post-Its! I want those, too! And I also want a Moleskine cahier notebook. (Don't you get this feeling that I want a lot of things this Christmas?)
Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life.
The smell of grass and dried leaves and rain and sun-kissed skin.
Who is someone on television that you feel probably shouldn’t be, and why?
“Senator” Bong Revilla, because he’s supposed to be a senator and yet he’s acting like a first-class buffoon and he’s not even funny.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
10. Kapag ang ATM PIN mo ay ang dating anniversary niyo, hindi ka pa naka-move on.
9. Kapag ang ATM PIN mo ay ang birthday niya, hindi ka pa naka-move on.
8. Kapag ang ATM PIN mo ay ang birthday ng nanay niya, hindi ka pa naka-move on.
7. Kapag ang ATM PIN mo ay ang age ninyo nung naging kayo, hindi ka pa naka-move on.
6. Kapag ang ATM PIN mo ay ang last 2 digits ng student ID niyong dalawa, hindi ka pa naka-move on.
5. Kapag ang ATM PIN mo ay ang grades niya sa English at Math nung 1st grading nung 4th year high school siya, hindi ka pa naka-move on.
4. Kapag ang ATM PIN mo ay ang number ng ticket sa MYMP concert na pinanood niyo nung huling anniversary niyo, hindi ka pa naka-move on.
3. Kapag ang ATM PIN mo ay ang number ng ticket sa bus na sinakyan niyo nung nag-cutting classes kayo at pumunta ng Glorietta, hindi ka pa naka-move on.
2. Kapag ang ATM PIN mo ay ang ISBN ng favorite book ng ex mo, hindi ka pa naka-move on.
At ang Top Sign na hindi ka pa nakaka-move on:
1. Kapag ang ATM PIN mo ay ang combined numbers ng kanyang height, waist size at shoe size, mag-isip ka na. Palagay ko, hindi ka na makaka-move on.
Saturday, December 8, 2007
The lessons you learned in high school have very practical application later in your life - i.e. whenever you get bored or sleepy during a training or seminar, try playing FLAMES.
(For full public disclosure: the results were - me = 8; him 8; us = 16. Which means me = love; him = love; us = marriage. Forget sleepy. Try daydreaming.)
Friday, December 7, 2007
Must I dream and always see your face?
Why can't we overcome this wall
Well, maybe it's just because I didn't know you at all
Kiss me, please kiss me
But kiss me out of desire, babe, and not consolation
You know it makes me so angry 'cause i know that in time
I'll only make you cry, this is our last goodbye…
…Well, the bells out in the church tower chime
Burning clues into this heart of mine
Thinking so hard on her soft eyes and the memories
Offer signs that it's over... it's over
What was the last game you purchased?
I purchased an R4DS for my Nintendo DS Lite which allows me to save downloaded games to a memory card. The last game I downloaded via Torrents was Elite Beat Agents.
So far, I have not purchased any cartridge for my DS Lite. The only cartridge I have (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) was also a gift from my brother.
(wait – did I answered the question correctly or did I misunderstood it?)
Name something in which you don’t believe.
I’m mostly a skeptic, so there are a lot of things I don’t believe in – which doesn’t mean that I’m closed to the possibility of me being wrong about it. I just need more evidence before I choose to believe.
That being said, I don’t believe in fortune-telling. I’m a firm believer in our free will and I think trying to divine what the future holds can affect a person’s ability to use his/her free will.
If you could choose a celebrity to be your boss, who would you pick?
I would choose a British actor, probably Sir Ian McKellen or Alan Rickman. I think their dry humor would be a welcome presence on pressure situations. And I’ve heard them talk and they’re witty and articulate and I think I would learn a lot from them. I didn’t choose Gary Oldman because I would too distracted to function.
What was a lesson you had to learn the hard way?
That I will always say goodbye to a lot of people, even those, and especially those that I care about the most. It seems like such an ordinary thing and something that one should have known as a fact of life, but nothing really prepares you for the moment when the people you care for leave. It was always hard for me. And it’s not always about another person physically moving away, but also those who move away because you’ve grown apart.
Describe your idea of the perfect relaxation room.
I read about this bed and breakfast in Tagaytay called The Boutique and I think their concept! Upon check-in, the customer will go to the Powder Room and select her own shampoo, conditioner, lotion, room scent, etc. You get to choose also your pillows from the Pillows menu. And of course, LCD TV! That would be perfect for me.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
And I just thought I’d let you go…
Vertical Horizon, you know how much I love your songs – but the ticket prices are just darn expensive! Didn’t you realize it’s the Christmas season here and I need to satisfy first my godchildren’s and relatives’ wishes before I can give in to my addictions?!
I promise not to listen to any of your songs for the next few days and I promise not to read/watch/listen to any of the news/plugs about your upcoming visit. Nothing personal, just want to lessen my feelings of longing and yearning and regret and disappointment and frustration and sadness…
Come back in Manila, please? I’ll make sure I am free and able (financially) to watch you.
but I'm still here...
I've seen the ashes in my heart
I smile the widest
When I cry inside and my insides blow apart
I tried to wear another face
Just to make you proud
Just to make you put me in my place
But everything you wanted from me
Is everything that I could never be
- Heroes Finale Spoilers -
- Heroes Finale Spoilers -
- Heroes Finale Spoilers -
- Heroes Finale Spoilers -
So, season 2 just ended. And what the hell?!! They killed Nathan! They effin' killed Nathan!
Tell me, how is it fair that Nathan has to die when boring Maya is still alive?!!!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
It’s okay when you’re not around, but when I see you the same old flutter comes back.
Please don't go crazy, if I tell you the truth
No you don't know what happened
And you never will if
You don't listen to me while I talk to the wall
This blanket is freezing, it's been out in the hall
Where you've had me for hours
Till I'm sure what I want
But darling I want the same thing that I wanted before
So sweetheart tell me what's up I won't stop no way
I want a ticket to the Vertical Horizon concert in Araneta Coliseum!!!
This nice little girl is waiting for her Santa to make her wishes come true... :)
Saturday, December 1, 2007
How NOT To Stage A Coup
- Hijack a Five-Star Hotel in Makati
I mean, the first time Trillanes did it in Oakwood was a "What The Fuck?" moment, but this time it was plain laughable. Was it all part of the plan? Fine dining while negotiating for their government takeover? Imagine putting terror in every citizen's heart by going straight in the hotel's bar when you can just crash the Makati Stock Exchange right across the street. Now THAT is scary.
GMA is not a good president - she's just lucky her opponents are DUMB.
Oh Trillanes. I think your issues are legitimate and I think you are charismatic and a good commander. I used to think you might be smart, too. But that was just stupid. What the hell did you accomplished? Another stint in a prison cell and probably expulsion from the Senate.
What was that saying that keeps repeating on my mind while Barias was dragging you by the seat of your pants? Something about hubris - you know, pride goes before the fall.
The tagalog equivalent is more eloquent - masyado kang mayabang.
Or more appropriately, ang kapal mo.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
I hate it when I get these kinds of lectures. It makes me feel guilty for being cold, like I am the bad guy. In the first place, hindi ako maiinis kung walang dahilan. What about MY reasons for acting the way I do?
It's not as if I'm telling everybody who listens: "Boo hoo. That person did something to me. Wag niyo din siyang pansinin". My inis is my own and I never ask others to be inis for my sake. But I won't apologize for making that person feel uncomfortable because of my silences. By all means talk to her and ignore me if it will make her feel better.
Can’t I at least act according to how I feel and for once not have to care how I make other people feel?
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Seven things I want to do before I die:
1. Travel the whole country and other parts of the world
2. Bungee jump
3. Get a tattoo
4. Shave my head
5. Do the dance lift in Dirty Dancing
6. Reconnect with old friends
7. Sleep with any of my celebrity crushes hahaha!
Seven things I cannot do:
1. Drive a stick shift or whatever you call manual transmission cars
2. Write legibly using my right hand
3. Sit through a Regine Velasquez concert
4. Eat raisins
6. Keep a straight face
7. Forgive myself for falling for you. Yatta! Joke! Ala na ko maisip.
Seven things that attract me to both a boy and a girl:
Bakit naman both? Pwede bang boy lang?
1. Sensible talker
2. Sense of humor
4. A closet Incurable Romantic
5. Taste in music
6. Should be a basketball fanatic
7. Okay, fine, nice butt.
Seven things that I say most often:
5. "…or something?"
6. "What the…?"
Seven books I love to read:
Can I just put the 7 HP books and be done with it?
1. Harry Potter books 1 to 7
2. To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
3. Foxtrot treasuries
4. Bob Ong books
5. The Balance of Power (Richard North Patterson)
6. Thursday Next series
7. Artemis Fowl series
Seven movies I could watch over and over again:
1. The Wedding Singer
2. Lord Of The Rings trilogy
3. Back to the Future trilogy
4. The Cutting Edge
6. Karate Kid
7. Sana Maulit Muli (hahaha!)
Where were you when it turned 2007?
++ home, with family and friends and too toot!
How did you get the idea for your blog name?
++ it’s a line from an Eraserheads’ song “Slo Mo”. My first ever blog was named Tindahan Ni Aling Dyela and I wanted another name that has reference to Eheads. I know, too random!
What song are you listening to right now?
++ Run by Snow Patrol, repeatedly. To drown my sorrow hahaha…
Has the death of a celebrity ever made you cry?
++ yep, but that’s probably because I cry easily over shallow things.
What color of shorts are you wearing?
++ black with yellowish thin vertical stripes.
Do you talk to your crush?
++ yes, and I almost wish I never ever had one conversation with him! Hahaha! Dammit.
What did you do this morning?
++ woke up, daydreamed a bit before getting up.
What will you do tonight?
++ probably finish Kingdom 8-7 of Super Mario on NDS lite. Man, was I royally pissed when I finished the last kingdom battle with the resurrected bones of King Koopa only to have Bowser Jr. open a new freakin’ set of stages before the real, final kingdom!!!
What's your favorite memory from last weekend?
++ I’m a bit embarrassed to say that last weekend was like any normal day for me.
What are the last two digits of your mobile number?
What was the last thing you ate?
++ Growers Crumble Nuts, Jamaican BBQ flavor.
What was last thing you drank?
++ Toffe Nut frap.
What was the last movie you watched?
++ this afternoon at HBO – My Super Ex-Girlfriend.
What do you fear right now?
++ that I can’t go through what I promised myself to do.
What food do you crave right now?
++ now that you mention it, I think I want shrimps from Bubba Gump!
Did you dream last night?
++ yes, but I forgot the gist.
What was the last TV show you watched?
++ same with number 14
What is your favorite piece of jewelry?
Name a friend who is just like you?
++ like me how? I guess all of my friends are like me, one way or another.
What was the last thing you kept telling yourself over and over?
++ so not worth it.
Who last text messaged you?
++ my cousin.
Are you on any medication?
What side of the bed do you sleep on?
++ I’m the toss and turn kind of sleeper so I get to sleep on all sides of my bed.
What color shirt are you wearing?
++ pink. great.
What is your favorite frozen treat?
How many piercings do you have?
What's your favorite store/s?
Are you thirsty right now?
Who's someone you haven't seen in a while and miss?
++ lots of friends. sad.
What did you do last night?
++ read a book.
Do you care what people think about you?
++ not particularly.
Have you ever done something to investigate trouble?
When was the last time you worked out?
++ what was the question again?
What are your font colors on YM?
++ blue, of course.
Where do you live?
++ Tondo, Manila.
Are you aggressive?
++ I think so, hahaha…
Mobile phone network?
What is the thing that you would most like to change about yourself?
++ my height?
What size are your feet?
++ 5 to 6. It varies depending on the type and brand of shoes.
What are ur favorite colors?
++ blue, black, purple.
Do you like mustard?
++ not really.
What do you tell people when times get hard?
++ I’m not really big on advices and stuffs, so I don’t remember giving a specific advice when times get hard.
Would you ever sky dive?
Do you sleep on your side, tummy or back?
++ side, tummy and back
Have you ever bid for something on eBay?
++ not yet.
Will you stay in the game called love?
++ I was about to give up but I thought, “what the hell? You win some, you lose some. I’m bound to win one of these days.” Nakana! But oh so true.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
i chose this path and that decision was mine to make. what does it matter if i get hurt in the end? i am happy now and that's all that matters.
now i'm hurting. i only got myself to blame.
not my word. as long as i have my memories, i can live with my actions. the price one pays for momentary bliss.
i'm a short term peter pan.
Posted on 2005.05.02
In time, the urge to become a "short term peter pan" disappeared and I become more mindful of my actions.
But lately I am being reckless again. Or not entirely reckless but I keep telling myself I know just when to stop indulging in this silly game. Anyway, it was only for a few more days and then it'll be gone. But the momentary bliss that my few encounters and out of reach fantasies afford were not even enough to hide the fact that I am only making myself vulnerable again.
But that was my choice, wasn't it? I've always believe that I am capable of accepting the consequences of my choices - a belief too optimistic to the point of foolishness that I can handle what I know is inevitable.
Oh, I can handle it fine. I wish it didn't have to be so hard.
Friday, November 23, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
I almost always check out guys’ butts – and I’m quite surprised you got nice ones!
Hihihi… Eherm. Sorry for the confession, but I saw my crush today and it was the first time I noticed it in him!
(Yeah, yeah, I know he’s married but I can’t help it!)
Sunday, November 18, 2007
(Edited: I'm sorry, but the freakin' embed object is not working. I'll just post the picture here. The link to the site can also be found here. Try to fix the tags later. Grr.)
Isn't my dæmon such a regal creature? And I like his name, too!
Dæmons, according to Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, are the physical manifestation of a person's soul. They will settle into a definite form when a child reaches a mature personality, and the form that the dæmon settles into is reflective of the person's characteristics. I don't know about being modest, humble and a leader, but I know I'm definitely inquisitive and fickle!
I've only read the first book of the trilogy but I'm not sure if I want to buy the other two (unless somebody else will buy it for me *wink*wink*). The book was well-written, the plot is a lot engaging than Eragon's, but there's something lacking with its main character. Well, I think the problem is with me, because whenever I read books like these, I tend to compare it with - what else? - Harry Potter. And Harry, in spite his faults and weaknesses, is someone I can totally relate to and empathize with, and I never have that same feeling towards Eragon or Lyra, the protagonist in the His Dark Materials trilogy.
Philip Pullman's books are not without their own share of controversies - I think there's been call to boycott the film because of its anti-Christian themes. Me? I think I'll still be watching the movie, because Lord Asriel will be played by Daniel Craig. Lord Asriel is my favorite character in the book and Daniel Craig is just handsome.
Afraid and shy, I let my chance go by
The chance that you might love me, too
You give your hand to me
And then you say goodbye
I watch you walk away
Beside the lucky girl
You'll never never know
The one who loves you so
But you don't know me...
Pero naisip ko din naman, kahit naman siguro gumawa ako ng moves to get to know him better, wala din namang mangyayari, he'll still marry his girl. Kahit assume pa natin na the impossible happen and he finds himself falling for me in such a short time, hindi din ako siguro comfortable na maging cause ng break up nilang dalawa.
But I can't pretend that I am not massively disappointed. Siguro kasi ngayon lang nangyari kasi sa akin na magka-crush sa isang guy who turns out na married na pala. It's not naman that I was expecting that we could progress beyond being sort-of-friends into something special (expecting is not synonymous with daydreaming, okay?), pero siguro the thought na you're into someone and there's a tiny, teensy weensy chance that you can be together, pero biglang naglaho yung ilusyon because he's married to someone, ouch.
Hay naku nag-overanalyze na naman ako!
Bakit ba yung mga guys na gusto ko hindi na pwede? O kung single naman, ayaw naman sa akin? O single at gusto din naman ako, pero ayoko naman sa kanya? Hindi naman ako nagmamadali, pero nakakainis lang kasi. Minsan lang ako magka-crush ng ganito ka-serious, olats pa.
O sige na tama na ang drama. Hanap uli ng bagong prospect!
Friday, November 16, 2007
I just found out that my crush – you know, the ONE who sang Upside Down to me, the ONE that’s been making me happy just by the mere sight of him – is already married. Just this July!
Oh, the hurt! The aching! The agony!
My heart has just been turned upside down…
Well I just wanted to say that I need you today
Tell me, it’s all gonna work out all right
Don’t know where I should start, but with all of my heart
Baby let me be your lover tonight…
Baby you don’t understand
Our love lies lost
But you’re still holding my hand
Oh and then you walk away
Just as I, I wanted to say…
You’re turning me on, you turn me around
You turn my whole world upside down…
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Certain things - like being in close proximity to my crush.
Mind you, I am still grinning like a fool. A very happy fool.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Dear US TV and movie producers,
Imagine my dismay and horror when I learned that today’s episode of Prison Break is the fall finale and the series won’t be returning until January 18. January 18! That’s two freakin’ months without Scofield on my TV screen!!! I cannot wait two freakin’ months!
And then there’s also the accelerated finale of Heroes by December. Damn it! Only 11 episodes for Heroes?!! Right when everything starts to get really interesting and exciting?
Can you please go back to the negotiation tables so that the writers’ strike would end sooner? So that everybody will happy? Especially us the viewers?
This TV Adik
Monday, November 12, 2007
…(which I think is the same for most women) is the monthly “visitor”. Unlike how it must be for some, mine sucks in that it is irregular in it’s, uh, visit.
What sucks even more is that it seemed to visit when it is uninvited. Like, right in the afternoon when you FINALLY have a free time to do stuffs in this paradise of an island that aren’t work related.
It’s times like this when I truly wish I was a man.
(I’m too lazy to recount my weekend experience so I decided to just post the snippets I wrote the way I posted them in my celfone – you know, in snippets! Here’s the first one):
I wish I was cool, you know? Like, the kind of cool who can drink socially and not throw up after her first glass of artic currant. The kind of cool who can stroll down the beach in the middle of the day and not break out later into allergies. The kind of cool who can sunbath and get a decent tan.
Guess what? I just got the perfect example:
Person #1: (referring to a gay person) siya lang yung ganito dito, no?
Person #2: kasi yung iba ayaw magladlad. (followed by a very pointed silence)
And then person #1 goes on to rant about how the gay person shouldn’t expect to get respected because he acts that way (he’s the loud and gimmicky type). What he doesn’t know is that anybody who hears his rants is just dying to tell him what a filthy hypocrite he is. If I wasn't so busy trying to stop my eyes from rolling, I would have asked him what the fuck his problem is. As it was, there's no need to stop my eye roll - he's too busy congratulating himself for being the perfect creature that he is.
Shame how the biggest homophobes in this world are those who cannot admit to themselves how much they wanted to be like the person they hate so much.
Found this hilarious exchange through Jessica Zafra’s blog.
What am I doing wrong?
Okay, I’m tired of beating around the bush. I’m a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I’m articulate and classy. I’m not from New York . I’m looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don’t think I’m overreaching at all.
Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that’s where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won’t get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she’s not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?
Here are my questions specifically:
- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms
-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won’t hurt my feelings
-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I’m 25)?
- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I’ve seen really ‘plain jane’ boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I’ve seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What’s the story there?
- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?
- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY
Please hold your insults - I’m putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I’m being up front about it. I wouldn’t be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn’t able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.
it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.
Firstly, I’m not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here’s how I see it.
Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here’s why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here’s the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity…in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won’t be getting any more beautiful!
So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you’re 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!
So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold…hence the rub…marriage. It doesn’t make good business sense to “buy you” (which is what you’re asking) so I’d rather lease. In case you think I’m being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It’s as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.
Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as “articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful”
as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn’t found you, if not only for a tryout.
By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn’t need to have this difficult conversation.
With all that said, I must say you’re going about it the right way.
Classic “pump and dump.”I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Look back at your high school life.
Lagyan ng 'x' sa gitna ng [ ] kapag ito ay naaangkop sa iyo!
[ ] Nagcutting ka na? (NUNG HIGH SCHOOL HINDI KASI ANG GALING MAGBANTAY NG MGA GUARDS AT KELANGAN NG PRINCIPAL'S PERMIT PARA LANG MAKALABAS NG BUILDING. NUNG COLLEGE, HINDI NA MAHIGPIT KAYA NAKAPAG-CUTTING AKO)
[x] Ginagawang basketball/ volleyball/ kahit anong court ang classroom niyo. (GINAGAWA DING PRAKTISAN NG INTERMISSION NUMBERS AT CHEERING)
[x] Palabas-labas ka ng room kapag nababagot. (LALO NA PAG IW - AT LALO NA NUNG 4TH YEAR DAHIL MALAPIT LANG SA DOOR ANG SEAT KO. TAMBAY SA LIBRARY PARA MAGBASA NG POCKETBOOK O PATAYAIN SA ENDING ANG HEAD LIBRARIAN)
[x] Sumisigaw ka at ginagawang playground ang room kapag walang teacher.
[x] Hindi ka nakikinig sa mga sermon ng mga guro at madalas ay nakikipag-sign language ka pa sa classmate mo. (SIGN LANGUAGE ALSO APPLICABLE BELOW)
[x] Nangongopya ka o nagpapakopya ka kahit short quiz lamang.
[ ] Nahuli ka na pero hindi ka pa rin tumitigil sa pangongopya. (GALING MAGTAGO!)
[ ] Tinataasan mo ng boses ang iyong titser.
[ ] Nakikinig ka sa iPod/MP3/walkman/radio mo habang naglelesson ang iyong titser. (NEVER NAMAN KAMING NAKINIG HABANG NAGTUTURO, PERO NANGHIHIRAM PA KAMI NG CASSETTE PLAYER SA OFFICE KAHIT HINDI NAMAN KAILANGAN PARA LANG MAKINIG SA COUNTDOWN NI TRIGGERMAN) (BUHAY PA BA SI TRIGGERMAN?)
[x] Nandoktor ka na ng mga test paper. (DI KO SURE KUNG HIGH SCHOOL O COLLEGE PERO NUNG NAG-EXCHANGE PAPERS PARA I-CHECK, MERON AKONG SINAGUTAN NA TEST PAPER NG CLASSMATE KO. NAKIPAGPALITAN NA DIN AKO NG TEST PAPER DURING A QUIZ)
[x] Pinagtatawanan mo ang teacher mo at kahit anong simpleng bagay na mapapansin mo sa classroom.
[x] Nagsusulatan kayo ng mga kaklase mo habang nagtuturo ang inyongguro. (NATAGO KO PA YUNG IBANG EBIDENSYA NG PAGSUSULATAN!)
[ ] Kapag umalis ang inyong guro ay tinitingnan mo ang kanyang lessonplan.
[x] Kumakain ka habang nagtuturo ang inyong guro.
[x] Nagtetext ka habang nagtuturo ang inyong guro. (DI PA USO TEXT NUN, PERO MADAMI PWEDENG GAWIN HABANG NAGTUTURO ANG TITSER. HALIMBAWA NA LANG ANG MAGBASA NG POCKETBOOK, O MANGOPYA SA CLASSMATE NG ACTIVITY NA DUE SA NEXT PERIOD, O KOPYAHIN ANG MGA ACTIVITIES NA NINENOK SA ACTIVITY BOARD NA PINAGKAAYOS AYOS ANG PRESENTATION, MAGSULAT NG LYRICS NG KANTA SA BINDER O SA LIKOD NG BOOK, DALDALIN ANG SEATMATE, ISULAT ANG PANGALAN NG CRUSH SA BINDER O SA KAHIT ANONG PAPEL, PRAKTISIN PUMIRMA NG PANGALAN KASAMA ANG APELYIDO NG CRUSH, KULITIN ANG TITSER NA MAG-IW NA LANG KESA MAG-ENCOUNTER, AT MARAMI PANG IBA)
[ ] Tumatayo ka sa klase kahit hindi ka sinasabihang tumayo.
[x] Nagsusulat ka sa whiteboard kahit bawal at wala ang teacher mo.
[ ] Kapag walang kwenta ang subject at ang teacher, sadyang masarap matulog. (HINDI PA KO NAKATULOG SA CLASSROOM, PERO NAKATULOG AKO SA ISANG RECOLLECTION!)
[ ] Idinodrowing mo sa notebook mo kung ano ang itsura ng titser mo kapag galit.
[x] Dinadaldal mo ang mga tahimik sa room para tuluyan nang umingay ang klase. (DINALDAL KO ATA LAHAT NG NAGING KATABI KO)
[x] Dinodrawing mo itsura ng titser mo kapag cartoons itsura nya.
Monday, October 29, 2007
But I'm just sooo tired and I just want to lie down and sleep and do nothing for the next 10 days...
But first, I need to check a few websites before I retire for bed... At para namang nananadya ang PostSecret at kelangang pag-isipin pa ko!
I hope, I hope I never have to do this!
But my problem can be summed up as:
And I really like this text message and I hope others can relate to this as well:
"Do not live according to the expectations of people around you... Live for yourself, and for your dreams... If you fucked up, SO WHAT? A life without mistakes is just plain crap."
Okay, I need to sleep. Next time na lang siguro ang kwento about the election happenings!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Age you really think you are: 14 (so immature!)
1) What are 5 things you really like about yourself?
What’s there to like?! This is tricky:
- I am left handed. I don’t know exactly why, but maybe because it’s uncommon and it sort of distinguishes me from others.
- I have no qualms doing things on my own, like going out or eating out alone.
- I like to think that my obsessive behavior has a positive effect on others, like, it makes people curious why I am obsessing over certain things and find out what my hype is all about.
- I can laugh at my own screw ups.
- I have great friends!
2) What is one accomplishment you are really proud of that you can't ever write down in your resume?
- I’ve influenced other people to read some of the books I like, and not just the HP series.
3) If you could live a secret life, what kind of secret life would you live?
- I want to be his secret lover! Kidding! A CIA undercover agent.
4) What is the loveliest thing someone's told you lately?
- It’s more of the unsaid, really. But when friends approach me to confide or to ask for advice, it makes me feel warm. I’m honored that they trust me and value my opinion. Naks!
5) What is the most supreme act of kindness ever shown to you?
- When friends stand up and fight for me when I couldn’t.
6) What is your inner child wearing right now?
- A t-shirt, denim shorts, green socks and high top sneakers. I once owned a pair of green socks that I consider as my lucky socks.
7) Describe the very moment you first fell in love.
- I remember the fear, because I was so certain of what I feel, but so unsure of where it will take me. But I was happy like I’ve never felt in my life, and it seems like I’m always grinning I think I might be going crazy. And despite my fear, I was reckless, not the irresponsible reckless, but I was willing to take the risk no matter the outcome.
8) Describe your favorite person without using any adjectives.
- Camera whore (technically, the phrase is a noun, isn’t it?)
9) Complete the sentence on your future headstone: "Here lies...."
- Jela, who wants to be succinct but couldn’t quite pull it off and rambles herself away (or something just as long or maybe more, just to emphasize how long-winded she was in life and in death)
10) What movie character would you love to play?
- Eowyn in Lord of the Rings (“I am no man!”) or Julia (Drew Barrymore) in The Wedding Singer (so that Robbie can sing “I wanna grow old with you” to me!) or Scout Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird
11) Describe your perfect birthday cake.
- A chocolate cake with chocolate icing with just the right amount of sweetness that will make people come back for more.
12) A stadium of people are clapping for you and giving you a standing ovation. What did you just do to deserve this?
- I’ve sung the most heartfelt and moving rendition of “Happy Birthday”.
The lucky 13 question: If you were a musical instrument, what instrument would you be and how would you like to be played?
- An acoustic guitar – to be stroked tenderly and passionately. Whoa!
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Don't think it's true? Check out Mugglenet.
And in other news, can I have this hoodie for Christmas?
Friday, October 19, 2007
Pag-akyat ko sa room ko, meron na agad akong 2 miscall at 2 text tungkol sa pagsabog at nagtatanong kung nasaan ako. Ako naman, dahil masyadong self-absorbed, naisip ko agad: "Do I give off a vibe that I'm a Glorietta junkie?!" at masyadong concern ang mga tao-tao na baka nasa scene ako?
And then I got a very big dose of reality ng makita ko sa TV yung extent ng nangyari. Sobrang nakakatakot. Sobrang nakakalumo dahil andaming nadamay. At sobra akong nagagalit sa kung sino man ang may pasimuno ng aksidente...
At na-guilty ako kasi nauna na naman ang "me" mentality ko. Hindi ko inakala... And then my cynical side kicked in, doubting whether it was just an accident and thinking that it was really an act of terrorism; thinking that this is one of those "wag the dog" scenario; and even as I try to say a prayer for the victims and for the speedy resolution of the accident, a big part of me doubt whether any justice would be served.
How did our world become such a dangerous place to live in?
Total number of tracks in itunes: 915
Sort by song title
First song: 10 Days Late – Third Eye Blind
Last song: Zero – Smashing Pumpkins
Sort by time
Shortest track: Ganjazz – Eraserheads (0:41)
Longest song: Comfortably Numb (9:42)
Sort by artist
First: Tootsie Roll – 2 Live Crew
Last: Tao Po – The Youth
Sort by album
First: Champagne Supernova - Oasis [(What’s The Story) Morning Glory]
Last: Push – Matchbox 20 [Yourself Or Someone Like You]
Ten most played songs
Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
Deep Inside of You – Third Eye Blind
Mr. Brightside – The Killers
Sugar Sugar – Archies
Makes Me Wonder – Maroon 5
Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – Muse
Each Time – E-17
A Question of Lust – Depeche Mode
So Far Away – Staind
Lost In You – Ash
First five songs that come up on party shuffle
You’ll Never Stop Me From Loving You – Sonia
Hanging By A Moment – Lifehouse
Walking After You – Foo Fighters
Over My Head – The Fray
I Will – The Beatles
Number of search returns for:
Nicked again, this time from Chase:
01. Guilty pleasures?
Iron Chef, Eat Bulaga, cotton candy
02. Favorite bedtime item?
Pillows and Stuff Toys!
03. Dream careers?
Novelist or Astrophysicist or Gift Store Proprietor
04. Fantasy job?
CIA undercover agent or Wealth Manager of the rich and famous
05. If you’re not a “CFO-wannabe” you are?
I’m not exactly a CFO-wannabe, but if we’re talking about a job that’s a lot closer to what I’m doing right now and more achievable than my answers above, I want to be a trader specializing in commodity futures or fx swaps (hahaha more achievable daw!)
06. Queer turn-on?
Seriously? I was just watching Jericho last night, the episode when Skeet Ulrich was kissed by Heather. After the kiss, the way he bit his lower lip and gave the girl this look, that was some major turn-on! Okay, not really queer, but if I ever get that look after a kiss, I’ll spontaneously combust just for the kilig factor!
07. Major turn-off?
I don’t think I could ever be attracted to a guy who isn’t passionate about basketball. Mababaw, but it’s true.
08. Weird fetish?
Not weird, but I like being kissed in the forehead and cuddling my palms while we are secretly holding hands.
09. Favorite conversation starter?
Can divine predestination co-exist with free will?
10. Pettiest thing you ever cried over?
11. Hard habit you’d like to break?
Disinterest on my personal grooming. Not that I don’t take care of myself, but I have this tendency to go out without checking if my hair or face is still okay. Which almost always coincide with me bumping into a crush. Arg!
12. Virtue you’d wish to have?
Discretion. I tend to shoot myself in the mouth.
13. What you think people should never settle for?
Indifference. I just can’t stand people who don’t have any opinions at all.
14. What people should know about your driving?
That I don’t exactly enjoy driving. And that I suck at parallel parking. And that I tend to talk aloud and to myself while driving. And that I consider my talking aloud as a prelude to a simmering road rage.
15. If there is a “past life”, what is your theory?
That my “one true love” in my past life is also my one true love in this lifetime. Naks!
16. What makes you uncomfortable?
The question “kelan ka magpapakasal?”. And the unsaid but totally not so subtle implication of that question that unmarried/single = most miserable person in the world.
17. What for you is the biggest disappointment?
Not even trying.
18. When can you say that a person truly knows you?
When that person can correctly interpret my silence.
19. What do you think defines a person’s character?
His capacity to love, the choices he makes and his ability to take full responsibility for the consequences of his actions.
20. Three things you’d let the person you like have?
Time, faith and affection. Why am I being a romantic all of a sudden?!!
21. Happiness or contentment?
Thursday, October 18, 2007
The Life Survey
01. Have you ever really cried your heart out?~
I haven't been so much of a crybaby recently, but when I cry, I cry like there's no tomorrow!
02. Have you ever cried yourself to sleep?~
Yes, and I hope to never go through that again.
03. Have you ever cried on your friend's shoulder?~
Not literally, but I did cry in front of friends. And most of the time, it's for some stupid reason like the time I almost destroyed the microwave oven at the office! But when it comes to big stuffs, I try not to let friends see me in an emotional state. They sometimes interpret it as me being strong, ako, I just think I'm being selfish.
04. Do you cry when you get an injury?~
I think I have a higher threshhold for pain, but I remembered crying when I sprained my left ankle.
01. Are you a happy person?~
I have my moments, but generally, I am a happy person.
02. What makes you happy?~
Lots of things - being with friends, talking, overanalyzing, going out, staying at home, reading, pag nakikita ko yung cute na Golden Retriever sa Perea, listening to music and creating my daydreams, text messages, waking up in the morning and realizing I still have another 10 minutes before the alarm rings and therefore another 10 minutes to just lie in bed, pag nakikita ko ang crush ko, solving a Sudoku puzzle in under 20 minutes, the fact that Christmas is just around the corner and seeing the lights in Ayala!
04. Is being happy overrated?~
Of course not. Although some of the reasons people come up with why someone should be happy are grossly overrated. Nobody has the right to decide for you what will make you happy.
05. Can music make you happy?~
Yes, especially if it has a special meaning to me. Meron ding time when I would be listening to a song and I would realize its meaning, whether happy or sad or angsty pa, and I would feel happy. Weird, but true. Music is also a source of constant amusement because I tend to mix up lyrics of songs that I ended up singing the first parts of a song correctly and then segue to a totally different song!
01. How many times have you had your heart broken?~
Well, I've gone through one major heartbreak. I was a big mess, feeling ko hindi ko talaga kaya. But I'm okay now! I've had previous small heartbreaks, the unrequited ones, or cases of "the right love at the wrong time".
02. Anyone besides your friends/family ever said they loved you?~
03. Have you ever told someone you loved them?~
Yes, but not as much as I want to. I want to be more demonstrative, but I'm really not that big on love gestures and stuffs.
01. Who do you actually hate?~
Hate is such a strong word. Well, there are people na, I think the world would be better off without them hahaha.. Okay, it sounded mean and it might sound as though I really hate them, but I don't hold grudges, I would feel that way for a moment, and then wala na. And anyway, hate is not the opposite of love. If you know what it is, it is what I feel for them.
02. Have you ever made a hit list?~
As I said, I don't hold grudges. In my world, if I don't like a person, they would just fall from the face of the earth. In short, they are just not too important para pag-aksayahan ng panahon.
03. Are you a mean bully?~
I am not a bully. But you know what, I think I have a capacity to be really cruel. People say that I'm just being frank or sometimes I would reason out that I'm only playing devil's advocate, but I sometimes say things that could really hurt, and I'm not proud of it.
04. Have you ever been on a hit list?~
I wouldn't know. Probably. Nobody's universally liked by everyone so I'm bound to be on at least one hit list.
SELF- ESTEEM SECTION:
01. Are you happy with yourself?~
There's a lot to improve, but yes, I'm happy and content.
02. Do you wish you could be someone else?~
Sometimes I wonder how it would feel to be in someone else's shoes. Specifically, I've always wondered how it would feel to be a man!
Then we really have to go
You've been the only thing that's right
In all I've done
And I can barely look at you
But every single time I do
I know we'll make it anywhere
Away from here
Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear
And we'll run for our lives
I can hardly speak I understand
Why you can't raise your voice to say
To think I might not see those eyes
Makes it so hard not to cry
And as we say our long goodbye
I nearly do
Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear
And we'll run for our lives
I can hardly speak I understand
Why you can't raise your voice to say
We don't have time for that
All I want is to find an easier way
To get out of our little heads
Have heart my dear
We're bound to be afraid
Even if it's just for a few days
Making up for all this mess
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Anyway, I will probably be spending my vacation in a state of (near) blindedness. My contact lens were again the victim of my carelessness and my pair of glasses are nowhere to be found. Right now I'm using an old pair of glasses and I really, really don't want to be caught outside wearing this thing.
Today is the first day of my vacation and I spent my morning oversleeping. Very productive I say. I woke up at around 10am and I sort of wish I were still sleeping because I realize that I would probably be the designated family chauffeur while I'm on leave, what with my mom bugging me that we should go out today! And you know how much I really enjoy driving. Like, not really.
Also, I just found out that one of my titas will be running as kagawad in the barangay elections. I really thought it was just one of our family jokes. Well, sometimes jokes are really half meant. So aside from my mom telling me to drive her around, my mom also wants me to make tarpaulin and letters and other what-have-yous for the election. And here I am thinking I would be spending a very blissful leave in the company of my books, DVDs, internet and Nintendo DS lite. (Yep, I never intend to be productive during my vacation.) (Although one can argue that completing the missions in Super Mario Bros. counts for being productive.)
Then again, anywhere away from the office is heaven, right? So let me enjoy my 7 days the way I want to. The way I see it, I pretty much earned it. =)
(Hopefully, this would also mean more updates for my blog. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!)
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Meet Michael from Kid Nation:
He’s awesome and he’s only 14! Although he looks like a 10 year old! He’s charismatic without trying too hard and he’s totally cute! (Hey, don’t look at me like that! I don’t like him that way, okay?)
I didn’t expect to like Kid Nation, but I do. So far, they’re not showcasing these kids in a way that’s exploitative and manipulative. I can understand that some of them are quite obnoxious, but hey, they’re just kids. I was just as obnoxious when I was that young! The surprising thing was, most of them seem to be smart and mature for their age and that’s what’s making me watch the show.
Friday, September 28, 2007
There’s no point to this post really, except to give me a just-about-reasonable excuse to post this:
Monday, September 24, 2007
Me: Huh? Bakit?
Friend: Kasi umuulan tapos umaaraw.
Me: Ano logic dun?
Friend: Ewan ko.
Me (talking to myself): Dapat nga bang me logic dun? Eh hindi naman totoong me tikbalang?
A few hours later…
Me (talking to myself): Sige, assume lang natin na totoong me tikbalang, at nagpapakasal din sila – well, kelangan nila mag-asawa para dumami di ba? Pero wala pa ding logic na umuulan sabay umaaraw dahil lang kasal nila! Hindi naman yun katulad ng nagbo-bowling si San Pedro kaya umuulan…
A few more hours later…
Me (still talking to myself): Pero paano magpapakasal ang mga tikbalang eh di ba pare-pareho silang lalaki?
Friday, September 21, 2007
For the time being, let’s call my crush Morgan. It’s actually a very lame codename – but I’m not going to tell why, or you might guess who he is! Well, assuming someone from the office actually reads my blog. So that’s a major clue, he’s an officemate of mine, which is nice because I now have a reason to go to work everyday!
My raison d’ etre for now is so simple it’s pathetic – just to bump into him everyday is a major, major source of happiness. Grabe, parang high school! Only one officemate of mine knew about him and she’s busy plotting schemes for us to get together. But I’m – as another officemate of mine so succinctly put it – potsu (supot na binaligtad. And if you don’t know what supot means, then you haven’t live your life well! *evil grin*). There’s no way I’ll ever go through any of her schemes. I’m sticking with my tried and tested stalking techniques, thank you very much.
For now, I’m content with the fact that he at least knows my name and that he’s really sweet when he greets me!
I’m in lurrrve…
Thursday, September 6, 2007
(Got the idea from this book called “Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex?” - from the same authors who wrote “Why Do Men Have Nipples?”.)
The little things that make life more enjoyable:
A – American Idol, Amazing Race, Artemis Fowl, AXN
B – basketball, blogging, boys, Baby Blues
C – Caramel Frappucino, calamares, Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles, crushes
D – DAYDREAMING, dancing, DVD
E – Elliott Yamin, English Literature, email, Enchanted Kingdom
F – FRIENDS AND FAMILIES, Foxtrot, Friday night outs, foot massage
G – Gary Oldman, Go Fug Yourself, gulaman
H – Harry Potter, HBO, hand sanitizer, hugs
I – Ipod, Internet, instant noodles, Inquirer, ice cream
J – John Grisham, Jeopardy, joyrides, Joshua Jackson
K – kisses, Karate Kid, Krispy Kreme, Kiefer Sutherland
L – lip balms, laziness, last minute shopping
M – Mountain Dew, Mugglenet, mango shake
N – Nintendo DS LIte, nilagang mani, notebooks
O – oversleeping, opinions, old shirts and shorts
P – Post Its, pillows, pizza, Powerbooks, procrastination
Q – quizzes, quick naps
R – rain, Redbox, Rock ‘n Roll
S – Skittles, Sudoku, Stonefree, secrets, sopas, Stephen King
T – Toblerone, text messages, TAMBAY, tuknene
U – UAAP, unrequited love
V – Videoke, volleyball
W – Wikipedia, Warcraft, walking, winding staircases
X – x-bfs/gfs
Y – Youtube, YM, yema
Z - ZZzzzleep
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
I had a hard time answering this since I sort of did this before (and I have to come up with 102 random things about me!). But here it is.
Instructions: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules.
At the end of your blog, you need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
- Sometimes, when I don’t like a person, I tend to bluff a lot and act like a stuck up know-it-all (although I think I tend to act like a stuck up know-it-all even with people I like! Right, friends?). I try to come across as smarter than I actually were, just to make the other person look and feel stupid. I am a bitch that way.
- Most of my daydreams consist of impossible situations wherein I accidentally meet my crush (usually a celebrity crush) and there’s an instant connection between us, either the “opposites attract” kind or the “meeting of the mind” derivative. My daydream self seem to be 1) a better singer; 2) taller, and 3) way cooler than my actual self. Libre naman ang mangarap, di ba?
- I used to have a dance group in my youth and we call ourselves – I kid you not – Female Attraxion. Well, it could have been worse. We patterned our name after a dance group that time called Male Attraxion (“100% Pure Love”, anyone?). Compare our name to that of a rival dance group who patterned their name after Street Boys. No, they’re not called Street Girls because, unlike us, their group consists of female and male dancers. Their name is – again, I kid you not – Street Children. At least hindi Street Childs.
- In relation to my fascination over dancing, I fantasized being a member of the Maneuvers, Street Boys, Sex Bomb dancers and Belle Star dancers. My biggest regret is not trying out for the Salinggawi Dance Troupe. I know that I don’t have a real good shot, but just the thought of actually trying out…
- I have so many “baluktot na katwiran” - refusal to use chopsticks if there is spoon and fork available, refusal to take medicines because it make “wiwi” smell funny, sudden contempt for the color pink because I found out a crush of mine like girls who wear pink (if you’re a person with perfect sense, you would probably grab the chance to be found likable by your crush by wearing pink or at least by pretending to like the color pink). In public I call that being “principled”; in private, it’s being stubborn to the point of stupidity.
- I don’t like, uh, “imported” fruits. You know – apple, grapes, strawberry, orange. Give me mango and I’m in fruit heaven.
- I am clumsy. Surely that’s a well established fact by now.
I tagged anybody who reads this blog.
Friday, August 24, 2007
The problem is, even after spending time with me, I am still described as such! Okay, so it’s somewhat true, but it’s exacerbated by the fact that I tend to sound more masungit than I intend to and it’s making me feel a bit insecure. Do people think I am unfriendly and unlikable because they think I’m mataray?
Some of my statements would come out wrong, sounding bitchy or snooty or argumentative without meaning to. Is it my voice? My facial expressions? My body language?
Will I ever be described as sweet and malambing? Will there come a time when people would think of the first word to describe me and that word would be “nice”?
- I am not going bald. It’s just stress that I’m having more hair fall than usual (normal?). And my being paranoid about the baldness possibility is only stressing me more! So, I’ll stop being paranoid. I am not going bald. I’m not. For the love of everything good and living, please don’t make me go bald.
- I don’t know how I was able to send 581 text messages in a single billing month. That translates to about 19 text messages per day! And I’m sure my friends would find something wrong with that number.
- I really don’t know why it still surprises people that I like listening to rock music. If I say that I used to like Air Supply and Michael Learns To Rock, will that surprise people more?
- I really, really want to eat barbeque isaw. And fishball. And nilagang mani. And ice scramble. Any food sold on the streets. But the desire to not have typhoid fever again is stronger than my cravings. But still!
- I am not going bald!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Chest-puffing Jesse is just hot. I want to do the krumping with him, too. The movie was just campy but I can watch that krumping scene over and over!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
90. First off, what is your name?
89. What did you do last night?
- Countdown my birthday by playing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on my brand spankin’ new Nintendo DS Lite (gift from my bro!) till about 1am. I suck at Quidditch!!!
88. Do you have a friend with the opposite sex that you can talk to?
- Yes, but they seem to be missing in action lately.
87. Do you have any siblings?
- 4, all boys.
86. Where are you exactly?
- Living room. I’m on vacation!
84. What does the 7th msg in your inbox [cell] say?
- It’s a long forwarded message:
“Pain is when you can’t breathe even if your chest still rises and falls.
Sadness is when you look out the window and think the rain are your tears.
Loneliness is when your still feel a hand touching yours even if there’s none.
Desperation is when you wait for someone that never comes.
Love is when you experience all those things and still open your heart to that someone. :-i
83. Who is the closest person next to you?
- My youngest brother. He’s sleeping on the sofa.
81. Where is your mom right now?
- Out in front of the house.
80. Do you have any kids?
79. Who is the 5th person on your missed call list?S
- Some client.
78. What is the closest black object to you?
- PC Headset.
77. Closest silver object?
- Wireless ADSL2 and Router.
76. Would you go back in time to change anything you've done?
- Probably, but I can’t think of a specific action that if changed, would really lead to something better for me or for everyone else. There’s always the bigger of risk of it turning for the worse.
75. Do you sing in the shower?
- Yes. I dance, too. But you probably don’t need to know that.
74. Are you wearing socks?
- Right now? Nope.
70. If you could kill someone, who would it be?
- Some random girl in our FX terminal. Di ka kagandahan, kaya umayos ka. Nakanganga ka pa pag natutulog sa FX.
69. What are your fears?
- Aside from spiders and flying cockroaches and falling hair, right now I’m just afraid of losing the people I love.
68. What do you hear right now?
- Mugglecast’s podcast.
67. Do you like kangaroos?
- Not exactly. Just some random animal I looked at the zoo.
66. do you like steak?
- Not that much.
65. What are you wearing?
- Pink top and denim skirt.
64. Who was the last person to comment you?
- Mark, greeting me happy birthday!
63. Do you sing?
- I love singing!
62. Screamo or Country?
- Screamo isn’t entirely good and I’m not a big country fan either. No deal.
61. Rock or Rap?
- If I can choose both, why not? But of course, it’s rock.
58. Who did you call?
- For today? No one yet.
57. Was your last Valentine's Day nice?
- Yes, but also very stressful because I was attending a Certification Program that time.
56. What are you doing now?
- Answering this meme while listening to podcast and reading text messages from people who greet me on my birthday!
54. Would you die for someone and who?
- Yes, for the people I love.
50. Do you have to pee right now?
- Nope. I got a high threshold for not-needing-to-pee. And you probably don’t need to know that, too!
49. What did you dream about last night?
- Curiously, it’s one of those days when I don’t remember my dreams.
48. What will you be doing tomorrow?
- Sigh. Work.
44. Bed sheet color?
- Printed with blue as the dominating color.
39. Can you do a cartwheel?
- I used to. I haven’t tried it for ages.
38. Do you own a pogo stick?
- Never had one. Is it already late to own one?
36. Ever gone a whole day without eating?
35. Do you own ripped jeans?
- Yes, but not the deliberately ripped ones. Just the ones that got ripped from constant use. I still like them.
34. What makes you mad?
- When people try to put one over other people, and get away with it.
32. Are you jealous a lot of the time?
- Sometimes, but not as much as I used to be.
28. Do you own any big sunglasses?
- Yes, but not big big.
27. Who can make you laugh during the hardest times?
- Most of my friends – and that’s why they are my friends!
21. Who do you wanna be with?
- Gary Oldman.
20. Favorite season?
19. If your best friend was killed right this very instant, what would you do?
- I would kill the killer.
18. Do you like 80's movies?
- Yes! Even 80’s music hahaha…
17. Know any celebrity?
- Personally? None.
16. Ever encountered a shark?
- Not yet.
15. What kinda movies do you like?
- I think movies that blow up buildings and cars and people are soul enriching, don’t you? I also like movies that feature dumb, nerdy guys or anti-hero type guys as the leading man.
14. Who was your last call?
- My mom.
10. Do you miss someone?
- I’m not exactly pining for someone right now.
9. Are you sad about it?
- Sad that I am not missing someone? Not really.
7.Favorite time of day?
- If it’s a work day, the time when I start to tidy my things before going home.
6. Have you ever licked someone’s cheek?
5. Watch all the Spiderman movies?
- Haven’t gotten around into watching the last one.
4. Do you like someone?
- Yes.3. What are you looking forward to?My birthday dinner tonight! And gimik with friends! And my bonus! And my vacation!
2. Do you like haunted houses?
- Who the hell likes haunted houses?
1. Do you want to get married?
- Yes, but it has to be to the right person. I want to settle down, but I won’t settle.
Monday, August 13, 2007
You SUCK at free throw shooting. Notwithstanding the fact that you have one of the most prolific shooter in basketball history for your head coach and you still suck. Please, for the love of everything royal and pontifical, practice shooting from the foul line.
Anyway, I’m glad that our losing streak against De La Salle has finally been halted. Bring back the glory days when we can reduce the De La Salle players into tears!
We still have a long way to go towards successfully defending our crown. But you’re on the right track and I’m proud to see you play your hearts out each time. Just don’t forget the bit I mentioned about free throws!
This proud Thomasian and basketball fan
I normally don’t like tall and lanky guys, but I like basketball players who can shoot the lights out, especially from long-range. I just want to say, I think you’re hot, Mirza.