Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Upside Down

Really, I told myself for the longest time that I will not be posting this thought. But I just heard it again, so:

Overnight, I developed really bad feelings towards 6CycleMind. Because on first hearing it, I hate, HATE, their version of Two Minds Crack's Upside Down. It hasn't change since.

There. I finally said it out loud. Shoot me if you want. But you must know that this song is one of the songs I truly love. I've been singing it since high school, I would probably ask my family and friends to play it at my funeral. Hearing it makes me feel like singing and dancing. It makes me feel happy, it makes me feel alive. Depending on my mood, either I'll break out into a smile or I'll shriek like mad just upon hearing its oh so familiar opening strains (something that 6CycleMind have done away with).

You see? I love this song. I freakin' love this song! Kung ililista ko ang mga kanta na kapag narinig niyo eh ako ang unang papasok sa utak niyo, this song is high above my list.

And yes, it has also something to do with the fact that not a lot of people know this song, but because it has been revived, everybody will now be raving how great the song is and how much they love it, even if the revival doesn't hold a candle to the original (my personal opinion obviously). Selfish na kung selfish, but that's how I feel.

There's no point to this post, really. Except maybe it might interest you to listen to the original and appreciate it the way I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yup. i totally agree.

i hate their version.

i never liked that band.

especially the vocalist.

but i love that song too.