Thursday, July 12, 2007

Padfoot Forever!!!

Sorry, I just couldn't help it - I watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix alone on its opening date yesterday.


Somebody scoffed at my wanting - nay, needing, to watch the film on the first day of its release. I don't have any rational explanation for it. But you know that I am just weird that way.



The movie had some weak points but I love it for a lot of reasons - but the biggest reason of all is because of Sirius Black. Padfoot ws my favorite character in the entire HP series and Gary Oldman was just perfect for that role. I never knew a peek-a-boo tattoo in his throat can be so sexy! Who cares about that kiss, or funny Loony Lovegood, or the sickly sweet Dolores Umbridge (great actress, by the way), or the twisted Bellatrix Lestrange, or the sneering Severus Snape, or the powerful battle between Voldemort and Dumbledore, or the distracting biceps of Harry? (I kid, of course I care! Those were the other highlights of the movie!)



And okay, I cried when he died. I was on the verge of tears every time he appeared on screen, damn it. Not even his throat can distract me from his inevitable demise.


I initially hated Book 5 because of Padfoot's fate. His death was just so sudden and I was totally in denial for so long that Padfoot actually died! And seeing the movie made me remember how his death affected me then that it took me moments to get up from the seat and walked out of the theater with a dazed look.


I'll be watching the movie again this Saturday at IMAX (the dueling scenes are going to be so awesome in 3D!) and again and again... just to see Sirius winking at Harry, just to hear him say "Get your hands off my godson", just to cry again with Harry after witnessing Padfoot pass through the veil.


And of course, to catch a glimpse again of that throat tattoo.


AND I WANT THIS POSTER FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm are you making parinig to me bebe? ill see what i can do. =) - mami