Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Makes Me Wonder

... and it really makes me wonder how freakin’ expensive concerts tickets can be?! A VIP ticket for Maroon 5’s March concert costs 10,000++ bucks! Much as I want to see my ex Adam Levine, I have to pass on the opportunity to kiss and make up with him because of the prohibitive cost of the ticket. I mean, I’m a Maroon 5 fan, alright, but how I can I even contemplate paying for such a high-priced ticket when I gave up my chance to see Vertical Horizon last year, which I totally love more than Maroon 5? (And whose concert ticket, BTW, was cheaper!)

I know – you would probably suggest that I forget the VIP tickets and just go for the mas malayo but less expensive seats. But how can you truly appreciate the concert experience if you’re watching it from afar? Is that any different from watching it on TV? So call me maarte, but I wouldn’t want it any other way. It’s either I’m near or I don’t bother. This means that I get to watch foreign acts live on very rare occasions. They would have to be really, really worth it…

Hence this list!

My Top 7 I-Would-Pay-Big-Bucks-To-See-Them-Live Bands

1. U2
2. Gin Blossoms
3. The Killers
4. Radiohead
5. Green Day
6. Metallica
7. Foo Fighters

Runner-up… F4. Hahaha. Kidding.

No comments: