Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Freedom-I-Love-Freedom Post

Drumroll please.

Ladies and gentlemen, today is the start of my 8-day vacation leave. That's about 13 days without work! Yeah baby! I don't have to go back to the office until December 2!

(And what a way to start the vacation by going to bed last night this morning at around 3a.m.)

After not taking any vacation leave for more than 2 months, my chance to unwind has finally come. I don't have plans of going out of town - my vacation is going to be a one big slackfest! I'll catch up on movies, TV series, jdramas (of course), Arashi shows (This is a losing battle, I tell you. I don't think I could ever catch up. But who says I can't try?), books (still too many!), games (my DS lite is begging for a new owner who will pay her more attention), blogging (like, haha), job-hunting (sshh!), and sleep, dude, SLEEP.

And now I realize, my 8-day vacation may not be enough.

It's really hard to find their so-called "balanced" life. There never seems to be enough time for everything - I want to have time for myself, time for my family, time for my friends, time to search for my long lost love (yeah right), time to make my mark in this world (naks). I don't know if I'm wrong for wanting to do a lot of things, and then worry that I'm not really doing anything substantive. But hey, nothing wrong with doing what makes me happy, right?

I haven't discussed my favorite season yet. Aside from tormenting my officemates with sappy Tagalog Christmas songs they want to kill me already, I'm yet to do anything Christmas-related. I haven't listed down yet my annual Christmas wish list! As usual, the list would probably consist mostly of books and downright expensive items that would put the WISH! in wish list. But if anyone would insist on giving me an Arashi photobook this Christmas, then I just have to accept it.

There's always the intangibles in our wish list - like good health for me and my love ones, sound mind and spirit, new experiences, world peace, an end to the economic recession, and someone I can say "I'm Yours" to on Valentine's Day (Ngek, intangible ba yun?! O eh ano! It's my godforsaken right to be loved, loved, loved.).

But I'm getting ahead of myself. For now I'll just enjoy this much anticipated break. Do you think my mom will allow me to watch Red Horse Musiklaban featuring SEPULTURA? Damn I want to go.

No comments: