Sunday, August 27, 2006

GO USTE! ! !

Yey! The UST Growling Tigers won their game against the Ateneo Blue Eagles in overtime! Not only did they get to avenge their first round defeat [which is such a humiliating blow out], but they had prevented the Blue Eagles from advancing outright to the Finals. What’s more, they are now unbeaten in three games and at solo third in team standings.


I haven’t been this excited for the longest time about UST’s chances in the UAAP. I had doubts about Pido Jarencio’s appointment as head coach and the depth of the UST bench, but hey, they’re slowly making a believer out of me.


I love collegiate hoops because it is about school pride more than anything else. Gosh, I miss cheering for this team! I miss the school yells and chants, even if the chants are kind of complicated even for a fast speaker like me! T-I-G-E-R-S rah! T-I-G-E-R-S rah! Tigers Tigers fight fight fight!


Go fight and win for U-S-T!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ehehe i agree with you. its about the school pride!, ehehe. as a freshman of UST, Im very happy that our school have gone this far, ahaha. I hope next year we also show great performance in the UAAP especially there the so called "Team to Beat" De La Salle University! C=