Thursday, August 3, 2006

Random Spurts of Whatevah

Vanity Alert
(trust me you don’t have to read this! you may skip to the next part!)

Remember when I said that this is the longest period I had worn my hair long (#33 to be exact)?Well, the streak is now over.

My new hair, though, is not that short compared to how I use to wear it. I contemplated getting highlights or having my hair colored just to try something new but I chickened out at the last minute because I really don’t know what I want. Trying something new for your hair is something that should not be done spontaneously (trust me, I know what I’m talking about).



Potterverse Update

Just saw the news that Helena Bonham Carter was cast as Bellatrix Lestrange for the upcoming film Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I’m not exactly excited about this (unlike when I first heard that Gary Oldman and Ralph Fiennes will be the movie counterparts of Sirius Black and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, respectively) because I can’t remember if she has heavily lidded eyes and I also think she’s fair skinned. Anyway, she’s kind of a wacko in Fight Club so I think she can ably handle the role.



“Coz it’s a bittesweet symphony, this life…”

I had started training for a prospective new position offered by my boss. It’s a welcome distraction as my work now is getting kind of boring (stressful and boring – and not a good combination). Frankly, I’m not that excited about the new position either. But I’m quite curious as to how the merger would turn out and I think that the merger would give me good opportunities professionally. Hay, whatever. Sometimes I feel this quiet desperation that maybe I had not chosen the correct path professionally. But if it’s any consolation, I’m just thankful that I had not been ‘boxed’ by my profession and that I still have room to move around. Of course, there will be trade-offs, but you’ve got to risk something sometimes. Anyway, it’s not as if this is a race that I need to win!

No comments: