Thursday, February 8, 2007

Joy!!!

Joysimbs,

It was only now that I truly realized – you’re leaving.

Well, it’s not as if you’ll be gone for good, or that we won’t get in touch. But knowing that you’re a thousand miles away instead of being just a phone call or text message away, it makes a lot of difference. I am going to miss our impromptu shopping, and the pleasure of knowing that I can always call on you to go with me on gigs, and the sudden coffee breaks or eating out. I am going to miss the person who appreciates my weirdness and obsessions, the friend who knows how to listen and to offer sensible advices, the one who has a lot of hidden talents, like twisting a cherry stick on her mouth.

I realized I have yet to drive you around, and that we have yet to go to Ilocos, that we haven’t watched Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo, that we haven’t gone back yet to our review school. But there is always next time, and I’m looking forward to you coming back.

I am going to miss you, bru. But I’m glad that you’re a thousand miles away and that you’re going to have a really incredible experience. I’ll pray for your safety there and that you find the “answers” you’re looking for. Know that I’m always here for you, no matter what. Ingat!

No comments: