Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Blinded When I See You

Can you smell something in the air? That smell is the sweet smell of freedom - 7 freakin' days away from work!

Anyway, I will probably be spending my vacation in a state of (near) blindedness. My contact lens were again the victim of my carelessness and my pair of glasses are nowhere to be found. Right now I'm using an old pair of glasses and I really, really don't want to be caught outside wearing this thing.

Today is the first day of my vacation and I spent my morning oversleeping. Very productive I say. I woke up at around 10am and I sort of wish I were still sleeping because I realize that I would probably be the designated family chauffeur while I'm on leave, what with my mom bugging me that we should go out today! And you know how much I really enjoy driving. Like, not really.

Also, I just found out that one of my titas will be running as kagawad in the barangay elections. I really thought it was just one of our family jokes. Well, sometimes jokes are really half meant. So aside from my mom telling me to drive her around, my mom also wants me to make tarpaulin and letters and other what-have-yous for the election. And here I am thinking I would be spending a very blissful leave in the company of my books, DVDs, internet and Nintendo DS lite. (Yep, I never intend to be productive during my vacation.) (Although one can argue that completing the missions in Super Mario Bros. counts for being productive.)

Then again, anywhere away from the office is heaven, right? So let me enjoy my 7 days the way I want to. The way I see it, I pretty much earned it. =)

(Hopefully, this would also mean more updates for my blog. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!)

No comments: