Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday's Feast 135

Appetizer
Name two things that made you smile this week.


This is such a good question for me, since I started this week in a sort of gloomy mood and I found myself kind of okay as the week progressed in spite of what happened during the weekend and my busy, busy week.

One of the things that made me not just smile but laugh out loud was Rob and Amber’s elimination in The Amazing Race. I was just really laughing when he spelled Philippines wrong! (Philippeans, anyone?) They’ve ran an almost perfect race from Episode 1 to 3 but their downfall was their inability to spell. Sorry, I’m being nasty.

Another thing that made me smile was that I was able to finally update the songs on my iPod after my music files got deleted from our PC. Again I’m sorry, I’m not going to lie about it, but Jerry Yan’s “I Truly Love You” is now one of the most played songs in my iPod. And that is what’s making me smile this week.


Soup
Fill in the blank: Don't you hate it when ________?


People pretend to be smarter than what they really are, and then betray their ignorance through their very own mouth.


Salad
When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?


I read books, although most of the time, instead of me falling into sleep, I ended up finishing the book until the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes I just stare at the walls and think of the most mundane things until I fall asleep.

But more often than not, when I can’t go to sleep, I just let it be. No sense making an extra effort in putting myself into sleep when I know that it’s mostly a losing battle.


Main Course
What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?

I have been asking this for the longest time and nobody bothered to answer me – is there a rule that prohibits basketball players from doing a jump shot when taking a free throw?

Seriously, one of the things I’ve wondered about is the existence of true love. What if you thought you found true love, only to find out in the end that it was just all an illusion, something that society invented like telephone and light bulbs? That true love, in the romantic sense, never existed, but is just some sort of justification to our actions. I don’t think I am making any sense, right? Anyway, maybe I haven’t found the answer yet, but right now I’m willing to wallow in my blind belief – true love does exist.

Dessert
What is your favorite pasta dish?


Hands down, that would be my mom’s spaghetti, whether it’s tomato-based or cream-based sauce. That’s the standard by which I measure all the other spaghetti I eat. My mom being a good cook is the reason why I’m picky when it comes to food.

Other than spaghetti, I also like baked ziti and lasagna.

1 comment:

Raggedy said...

Great Friday Feast!
My feast is served.
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy