From Music Memoirs (after a very long time!):
Top 5 songs that you've loved the longest
I can’t think of any song that I’ve loved when I was in primary school that I still love until now. It was in high school when I started to enjoy music and began to listen to songs and artists that I really like and not just what everyone else liked. You might also notice a lot of cassette tape references which will give you an idea of how long I’ve been listening to these songs!
1. Upside Down (2 Minds Crack) – what else? I heard this from my eldest brother’s collection. I copied it on a cassette tape and got the lyrics by listening to it repeatedly. It was only in college when the song started to really mean something to me but I fondly recall listening to the song on most nights.
2. Tindahan Ni Aling Nena (Eraserheads) – when Eheads burst into the scene, we were first to have a copy of their first album in our neighborhood. We still have a sari sari store back then and I would play Eheads’ album when I’m manning the store. My guy friends would often tease me and change the lyrics of the song to “Tindahan ni Aling Jela”. As most of you would know, that’s also the title of my first ever blog!
3. Till I Hear It From You (Gin Blossoms) – I recorded this song on a cassette tape when I heard it on the radio and I can still recall the voice of the DJ when he started to speak even before the song has ended!
4. Light and Shade (Fra Lippo Lippi) – before “Beauty and Madness” made everyone swoon, I was already daydreaming to the tune of this song.
5. Build Me Up, Buttercup (The Foundations) – I used to go by the nickname of Buttercup, thanks to this song!