Friday, December 14, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 154

Top 5 songs that should never be covered again!

  1. Stevie Wonder songs – I understand that a lot of people love his songs because I love them, too. But I just can’t stand listening yet again to a cover of Overjoyed, Knocks Me Off My Feet and Lately.
  2. Songs with glory notes, like I Will Always Love You, Love Takes Time, Love Will Lead You Back and any Celine Dion songs.
  3. Power ballads – I pity those Metal bands. For all their macho posturing and hedonistic-themed songs, they will forever be associated with their mushy power ballads (which is almost always their most commercially successful singles).
  4. Not really a song but can we please stop this pathetic need to make a Bossa effin’ Nova version of every songs?! They did it with Beatles, they did it with VST and Company, fuck, they even did it with Nirvana! And recently I heard in the mall a Bossa Nova album of Christmas songs and it made me want to scream and scream. Enough already!
  5. Bohemian Rhapsody by The Queen – should only be sung in karaokes when you’re trying to have fun. Not to be sung in noon time variety shows.

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm a firm believer that Celine Dion shouldn't sing Celine Dion songs!

Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

A freakin' MEN about Celine. She should just go away. Seriously.

And agreed about Bohemian Rhapsody!!

Polly
http://hippie-chick.livejournal.com

Anonymous said...

LOL! We totally agree about Bohemian Rhapsody! I put it on my list, too! :)

http://jvdhj.livejournalcom