Wednesday, December 5, 2007

You're A God

You’re a God and I am not
And I just thought I’d let you go…


Vertical Horizon, you know how much I love your songs – but the ticket prices are just darn expensive! Didn’t you realize it’s the Christmas season here and I need to satisfy first my godchildren’s and relatives’ wishes before I can give in to my addictions?!

I promise not to listen to any of your songs for the next few days and I promise not to read/watch/listen to any of the news/plugs about your upcoming visit. Nothing personal, just want to lessen my feelings of longing and yearning and regret and disappointment and frustration and sadness…

Come back in Manila, please? I’ll make sure I am free and able (financially) to watch you.


***
but I'm still here...

I've seen the ashes in my heart
I smile the widest
When I cry inside and my insides blow apart
I tried to wear another face
Just to make you proud
Just to make you put me in my place
But everything you wanted from me
Is everything that I could never be

No comments: