Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cookie! (Update)

I got the new spoiler songs for the Final 3:


David Cook
"First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack. (Simon's choice)
"Dare You to Move" by Switchfoot.
"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith.

Syesha Mercado
"If I Ain't Got You" By Alicia Keys. (Randy's choice)
"Hit Me Up" by Gia Farrell (from "Happy Feet"). (Producer's choice)
"Fever" - which has been covered by everyone. (Syesha's choice)

David Archuleta
"And So it Goes" by Billy Joel. (Paula's choice)
"With You" by Chris Brown. (David's choice)
"Longer" by Dan Fogelberg. (Producer's choice)

ETA - archies going first, syesha 2nd & cook last


And I just have to ask - what happened to Collective Soul?! Switchfoot is okay, but that song's kinda... boring. And as much as I love Aerosmith's "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing", I'm not sure if it's really suited for Cookie. Steve Tyler's high notes are just crazy and unique, and I don't think Cookie could hit those highs.

Simon's choice is really interesting. I think Simon really gives good song choices, songs that tend to highlight the contestant's strengths and at the same time challenge him. Randy is just a useless tool.

No comments: