Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Can't Wait For These Movies!

This is really late, but I saw a poster of X-Men Origins: Wolverine and decided I still want to do my list of my most anticipated movies for 2009!

2009, for me, is going to be The Year of Movies Featuring Hot, Gorgeous Men. I’m not saying I’m watching just for that, I just noticed it while compiling my list. :D

So, here we go!



Top 8 Most Anticipated Movies of 2009

1. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Is anyone surprised at all with my choice? This has been my most anticipated film of 2008 – I already made my plans around its supposed November release date – and what did the producers do? Delayed it until July 2009! My rage, let me show you it. The penultimate book in the HP series wasn’t the best, but who wouldn't want to see Snape kill Dumbledore on-screen? And just because my fave scene in the book (POTTY LURVES LOONY!) won’t be in the film, doesn’t mean I don’t look forward to hearing “WON! WON!”

2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Hugh Jackman! Hugh Jackman and his biceps! GAMBIT! Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool! Daniel Henney! Liev Sch-however you spell his last name! Hugh Jackman!

3. Public Enemies

This movie stars Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. They could have the two wash laundry for the duration of the film and I'd still watch it. But this film has a good plot and I'm watching it for it. Really. Really. Depp plays John Dillinger, public enemy #1 during the Great Depression and Bale is the FBI agent tasked to capture him.

4. Watchmen

The production of this movie was mired with legal battles between Fox and WB. I sure hope that the issues have been settled already because everyone's looking forward to this! Everything I've seen so far points to this movie being awesome. The League of Extra-Ordinary Gentlemen, this certainly is NOT.

5. Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

Optimus Prime is back! Giant robots! I can't wait for the sequel to Michael Bay's best film yet.

6. Terminator Salvation

Another Christian Bale starrer. It's hard to imagine a Terminator without an Arnold Schwarzenegger, but Bale has proven that he can take on an iconic movie franchise and turn it into a blockbuster. Not even the fact that McG directed this film can dampen my anticipation.

7. 2012

Two words: John Cusack. Didn't I say I'm watching movies this year for the eye-candy? Okay, something else to convince you why this is worth watching: the movie is a post-apocalyptic thriller set around a Mayan calendar prophecy predicting that the world will end on December 21, 2012. Now THAT should draw your attention.

8. Sherlock Holmes

Based on the classic fictional character, this movie stars Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law, the sexiest crime-solving pair. I don't think this will be your typical action film and like everyone else, I'm curious as to what RDJ will do after his success as Iron Man.


Honorable Mentions:
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs; Arrested Development; A Christmas Carol (Gary Oldman!); This Side of Truth; Inglorious Basterds; Dragonball Evolution; Crank 2: High Voltage; Friday the 13th; Shutter Island; Ninja Assassin; Star Trek, Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

5 comments:

MakMak said...

This year, I promised myself that I will watch all the movies that I like in theatres. No more DVDs. Heh. So far I'm 2/3, the third being Benjamin Button. Ak!

jen said...

I think there are some pretty good movies this year. Here are some of the movies i'm waiting for, more on chick flicks nga lang, hehe... basta, tayo sa Harry Potter ha!

1) Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
2) The Time Traveller's Wife
3) He's Just Not That Into You
4) New Moon
5) Confessions of a Shopaholic
6) Angels and Demons
7) The Proposal

Jela said...

Mak! Wala pa kong napapanood sa theaters this year! I'll make sure I see all 8 movies on their theatrical release and some of my honorable mentions as well! Which ones are we going to watch together? :D

Jela said...

Jen! HBP lang ang common denominator natin! Can I tempt you to watch Wolverine? I'm pretty sure Mak will want to watch that. Ewan ko lang kung tayo ang gusto niyang makasama!!! :D

jen said...

Uy sure sige, medyo type ko din ang Wolverine. :)