Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sleep For An Insomniac


Note to self
For the next three nights, I will try NOT to:
  • Surf the net beyond 9pm
  • Watch TV in my room
  • Play video games before going to bed
  • Read anything before going to bed

I need more sleeping time, precious sleeping time. And it’s totally my fault that I’m not getting enough!

Ever since I took that long vacation leave last November, I can’t seem to shut down at night. And while that allowed me to catch up on a lot of stuffs (like video games and TV shows), lack of sleep made waking up in the morning hard (and staying awake during the day harder). Combine with the cold weather we are experiencing, getting out of bed has become my daily struggle (my pillow, let me to hug it for few minutes more).

Obviously, I can’t do anything about the weather, so it’s my night activities that I need to change, at least for the next few days. If I can reintroduce my body to my old sleeping habits, then I can switch back and forth between staying up late at certain days and sleeping like I normally do on most days without a hitch.

No comments: