Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ang Kumalabet, Panget!

I am not myself this week.

You want proof? Well, as I am writing this, every employee in our company may not be getting their salaries tomorrow because of my miscalculations. Aaargh! Short of selling my soul to the devil, I am doing all I can now to negotiate with BPI to please, please, pretty please have the transaction regularized. Or else... hmm, it could be a blessing in disguise. Maybe the company will finally realize my importance to the organization. Oh wait, wala din pala akong sweldo pag nagkataon. Syet, hindi pwede 'to!!!

My left upper back has been hurting since yesterday. I don't know why. I think I pulled a muscle there. Or because I might be having pneumonia. Or someone's making "kulam" of me. Paranoid Dyela strikes again. I was about to go to the hospital yesterday to have my back examined (and probably my head as well?) when the ever sensible Mommy Karen intervened and told me to try painkillers first. I never liked the smell of painkillers but drastic times call for drastic measures so I put some Alaxan Gel on my back. It alleviated the pain a bit but I still had a hard time concentrating on my job. I took a half day leave today only to be greeted with the unfortunate payroll situation when I got to work this afternoon. God, I think stress is going to kill me.

And speaking of getting killed, I almost came close to killing a stranger yesterday. On my way to meet Ketz in Ayala, some guy poked me at the back - my left back. I almost screamed at him! (I probably said something loudly but I'm not sure because I was wearing earphones that time. The guy seemed surprised at my reaction...) I almost punched him in the face! Which is another blessing in disguise because he was just showing some concern. (Aww...) The guy poked me just to say that something's dangling on my back. Well, that something is actually the ribbon/belt of the blouse I am wearing which the clueless guy didn't see because I was wearing a blazer. Of all the times someone was actually being nice to me was the time when I was extra cranky! (His actual words were: "Miss, may nakalawit sa likod mo." And I thought - My God, I have a tail!!!) I really couldn't blame him. When I'm not feeling well, I really don't pay attention to how I look and a ribbon poking out of my blazer must be an unpleasant sight - in the eye of a guy who probably had never worn a blouse with a ribbon tied around the waist.

All in all, not a good week for me. The Mavs lost, I got the news that Fete dela Musique will not push through this year, my colleagues will probably kill me tomorrow, I think I'm going down with a flu and my back is killing me.



(buzzer-beater shot! I get to live another day. the powers of my negotiating skills can not be denied. nyahahaha...)

No comments: