Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Take Me Back Tuesday - June 27

(note: this is my first of Take Me Back Tuesday meme. I’ll probably be doing this on a regular basis, together with Top Five On Friday and Random 10. You can get these music memes here.)

What songs make you think of rain or a rainy day?

  • This is kind of embarrassing, but the first song that comes to my mind is Wiseguys’ The First Time I Saw You (yak! jologs!). The song not only made me think about rainy days, but it also reminded me my high school days and my first ever romantic prose entitled “In My Dreams” (another yak! super duper cheestatic prose!), since this prose was inspired by that song.

    “The first time I saw you, you were standing in the rain. There was something about you that made me look again. The way that you let the rain fall down on you, the way that you smile, when your eyes met mine…”

(okay, now you're allowed to gag!)

  • Eraserheads’ cover of Tuwing Umuulan At Kapiling Ka. Their version had that sad quality to it without being totally depressing.

What songs make you think of storms?

  • Lightning Crashes by Live – although the song isn’t about storms or rains, the title of the song evokes images of noisy, stormy nights.

Did you ever listen to music to soothe yourself during a particularly nasty storm? (What music was it, if you can remember)

  • If we’re talking about storms in the figurative sense (meaning, storms in my life), then yes, I did listen to a lot of music to weather my storms – and trust me, listening to music is a big, big help when you’re feeling depressed or angry or sentimental.

What kind of music do you like to listen to on a rainy day?

  • No particular “rainy days” playlist for me (although this is such a nice idea for a playlist!), but on rainy days I'm usually curled up in my bed while reading books, so I prefer to listen to songs that won’t interfere with my concentration. (songs that won’t put me in the “daydream/emote” mode!)

No comments: