Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Who is the guy with that slow, sweet smile?

I got a jolt of recollection about this prose when I answered this meme. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you look at it!), I was able to keep a copy. Please excuse the grammar and the supreme cheesiness! Bata pa 'ko ng sinulat ko 'to!

To answer the question - it doesn't refer to any particular guy (honest!). Since high school, I already had this idea that my dream guy should have that slow, sweet smile. Yuck, mushy talaga. Add to that my thing for romantic scenes involving mango trees (which, in turn, was inspired by the song Kanlungan) and rain, friendships that turn into love, and my totally-lacking-in-imagination description of a kiss (bata pa nga kasi di ba?). Ohmygosh. What was I thinking then?!

Anyway here it is. Sniggering and barfing are allowed.

In My Dreams

It was raining so hard. I found you standing in the rain, all drenched and wet. Just like me. I stared at you. And then your eyes met mine. We gaze at each other for quite some time. And then you smile, that slow, sweet smile. It was the first time you smiled at me. It was the first time we met...

Since then, we started hanging around with each other's company. I like you and it seems that the feeling is mutual. I can't remember how many times you flashed me your slow, sweet smile. That certain smile... the smile that brought joys to my heart. And those soulful eyes, those eyes that stare at me as if it has some deep, dark secrets to tell. And how can I forget those kissable lips of yours? Many times you caught me staring at you. It's because I've always wanted to tell you that I care, that I love you. But I could never tell you. I couldn't reveal my feelings. I'm afraid to tell you the truth because I'm afraid of getting hurt.

Once while we are walking, it rained again. We got caught in it and we're drenched all over. You reminded me of that very first moment that we met (how can I ever forget?). You smiled again that slow, sweet smile of yours that set my heart on fire. We walked together for a while and then, there at the mango tree we stopped. You took my hand and whispered to my ears those three words that I had been longing to hear: "I love you". It left me speechless. I was shocked; I was simply overjoyed. I never expected, not once in my life, that you would tell me that. And you meant every word you said because I see it there in your eyes. Slowly, you lower your face until it was level with mine. Our eyes held for a while in silent communication. I close my eyes and I feel your face move closer until it is inches away from mine. Until your lips is just a breath away from mine. Until it touches my lips. Until you kiss me...

Suddenly, it was morning again. I had awakened from my sleep that had visions of you. I had dreamed of you. Again. Just like last night. Just like the other nights. How I wish my dreams would never end so that I can be with you longer, forever. But I have to face reality. You're just the man in my dreams, in my visions. The man I have always cared for but could never be mine. Will never be mine. That's the truth and I have to accept it no matter how much it hurts.

It was raining so hard. I found you standing in the rain, all drenched and wet. Just like me. Just like in my dreams. Only this time, it's for real. I stared at you. You never stared back at me. And then I caught sight of a girl standing beside you, all drenched and wet. Just like you and just like me. You were holding her hand and having the time of your life as the rain slowly fall down on you. And then you smile, that slow, sweet smile. But it wasn't for me. It was for her. It broke my heart. How I wish you smiled at me instead. How I wish you stared at me. How I wish our eyes met and we become friends. How I wish it would all be like in my dreams...

I was actually cringing while typing this. Yuuuucck talaga...

1 comment:

jen said...

hindi naman masyado ah.. hehe.. :)