Tuesday, February 26, 2008

50-50

I got this project from another blog. In lieu of the usual resolutions (I know! About 2 months too late! But anyway...), I will start a list of the 50 books and 50 movies that I read and saw, respectively, this 2008. Since I started late, I will just include the ones I completed this Feb.

Want to make your own? Make up your own rules. In my case, I decided to include the re-reads and re-watched because I'm madaya that way. And don't forget to tell me about it!


Books

07. Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
06. Artemis Fowl - Eoin Colfer *
05. High Fidelity - Nick Hornby *
04. Lost In A Good Book - Jasper Fforde *
03. The Subtle Knife: His Dark Materials Book II - Philip Pullman
02. The Balance of Power - Richard North Patterson *
01. Your Momma Thinks Square Roots Are Vegetables (A Foxtrot Collection) - Bill Amend *

Movies

12. Super Bad
11. Juno
10. Karate Kid Part 2 *
09. Titanic *
08. Little Miss Sunshine
07. Seven *
06. Zodiac
05. Eastern Promises
04. Eight Below *
03. X-Men: The Last Stand *
02. She's The Man *
01. Hana Kimi **

* re-read or re-watched, as the case may be
** technically a Japanese television series, but it was worth 12+ straight hours of my life so I'm including it.

You know what I learned from this list? I definitely need to read more since I only read two new books so far this year.

I would update this list every now and then until I complete (or exceeded) the required number. Wish me luck!

P.S.
I also realized that while the 50 movies may be easier to accomplish (Hello, HBO! Hello, Star Movies! Hello, MCS or Quiapo!) the 50 books may be a lot harder to complete (unless I just re-read all my stuff). So friends, will you let me borrow your books? :)

No comments: