Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Movie Quiz

- Pick 17 of your favourite movies.
- Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them here for everyone to guess.
- Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
- NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.


01. I appreciate this whole seduction thing you've got going on here, but let me give you a tip: I'm a sure thing. - Pretty Woman (c/o Jen)

02. If it was forty below and that button meant the difference between a long satisfying life and a cold horrible death from hypothermia, I still wouldn't give you the satisfaction! Skate! - The Cutting Edge (c/o Karen)

03. And so without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give to you, the seeker of serenity, the protector of Italian virginity, the enforcer of our Lord God, the one, the only, Sir Ulllrrrich von Lichtenstein! - A Knight's Tale (c/o Karen)

04. My desert island, all-time, top-five most memorable breakups, in chronological order, are as follows: Alison Ashmore; Penny Hardwick; Jackie Alden; Charlie Nicholson; and Sarah Kendrew. Those were the ones that really hurt. Can you see your name on that list, Laura? Maybe you'd sneak into the top ten. But there's just no room for you in the top five, sorry. Those places are reserved for the kind of humiliation and heartbreak you're just not capable of delivering.

05. You're being really immature... You have no reason to be mad at me, I mean, you know, you broke MY heart. I should be royally ticked off at you. I should be really cheesed off, I shouldn't want to talk to you anymore. - Juno (c/o Karen)

06. First off, let me just add another congratulations to Evan Backstabber - pardon me, Bastard. Baxter, rather. It is good to see what someone with real talent can do when great opportunities are given to them instead of me. Anyway, I'm here with Katherine Hepburn's mom. Tell me, why did you toss the "blue heart of the ocean" jewel over the railing of Titanic? Did you feel bad at all letting Leo DiCaprio drown, while you were safe floating on the big door? Could you have taken turns, or were you just too afraid to freeze your big fat ass off?

07. Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain... and an athlete… and a basket case… a princess… and a criminal…

08. No, sir, I have no experience but I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in. - The Wedding Singer (c/o Jen)

09. As I've gotten older, I realize I'm certain of only two things. Days that begin with rowing on a lake are better than days that do not. Second, a man's character is his fate.

10. I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories... The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something. The Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers (c/o Karen - finally! hehehe...)

11. I'd say that she gets under your skin as soon as you meet her. She drives you so nuts you don't know whether to hug her or, or just really arm wrestle her. She would go all the way to Europe just to get a stamp in her passport. I don't know if that amounts to insanity, or just being really, really... likable. - While You Were Sleeping (c/o Jen)

12. No fucking shit, lady. Do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?

13. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

14. Why gamble with money when you can gamble with people's lives? That was a joke. All right, I'll tell you. I believe in the notion that people are innocent until proven guilty. I believe in that notion because I choose to believe in the basic goodness of people. I choose to believe that not all crimes are committed by bad people. And I try to understand that some very, very good people do some very bad things.

15. "You believe a man can change his destiny?" "I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."

16. If you find a mate in life, you should be loyal. In your case, grateful. - Ice Age (c/o Karen)

17. Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

15 comments:

jen said...

Gah, Jela what movies are you watching??? hehehe...

I could only make a guess on two, one of which I'm 100% sure because I looooove that movie!!! =)

2) Mighty Ducks
11) While You Were Sleeping (have I already mentioned that I really love this movie? =D)

Jela said...

Anuba?! I think you've seen most of the films here, pero di mo lang siguro ma-recall yung lines! :)

I KNOW you'll be able to guess While You Were Sleeping! Pero sorry, hindi Mighty Ducks yung #2. :( Clue: rom-com yung movie. :)

Dail post ka din movie lines mo!

k a r e n said...

Uhm, I think #3 is A Knight's Tale and #5 is from Juno?? LOL

I seem to recognize some other lines pero I can't quite put my finger on what movie they come from...

k a r e n said...

I'll take a stab na rin at #2 as coming from Cutting Edge and #9 from the Notebook??

#10 is bugging the hell out of me because I recognize the lines pero I can't remember from which movie!!

Pasensya na kung mali ang mga sagot... mahilig lang talaga ako sa mga trivia.. hahahaha

Jela said...

Hi Karen! Thanks for posting!

Nos. 2, 3 and 5 are correct. Sorry, #9 is wrong. :( Clue on #9 and 10 - #9 is a movie starring Emile Hirsch and 10 is from a trilogy! :)

k a r e n said...

Yay! I got 3 out of 4 guesses right! Funny enough, I was just brushing my teeth and I was thinking about #10 and then it suddenly hit me!! It's from the Lord of the Rings??

So after brushing, I asked my dad if I could use his PC for a quick second so that I can put my guess. hahahaha!

Jela said...

Karen, isa ka ding adik na bata! hahaha!

Anyway, aww, I can't accept your answer. Dahil maarte ako, I need to get from which LOTR movie the quote came from. Wanna take a stab on it again? :)

k a r e n said...

hahahaha! onga eh, siguro i have an addictive personality... mahilig pa man din akong magmuni muni...hwek hwek.. teka iisipin ko muna which LOTR movie it came from.. it's definitely 2 or 3 pero di pako sure eh.. =P

k a r e n said...

Since we enjoy playing this game so much.. I might as well take a stab at the other ones..

#8 is from the Family Man?
#16 is really familiar..it's eating me!!

oh, I think #10 is from LOTR 3.

Jela said...

Oh no, Karen, alang tumama! :(

Clues! #8 is a rom-com (can I just say that this line never fails to crack me up!). #16 is from an animated film! I don't know if I should be ashamed that I have an animated film here but there you go.

jen said...

i'll take another guess...

08) The Wedding Singer


sana tama... =)

k a r e n said...

hehehehe! since my last LOTR guess is wrong, it could only be from LOTR 2!

#16 i think is from Ice Age...? I love that movie by the way.. =P

Jela said...

Jen and Karen! Correct!

Parang tayo lang ang sumasagot sa mga quiz na to ah! :) Ok lang I had fun!

Gusto ko ng ma-guess lahat ng movie so I'm giving choices. Syempre me nakasama sa choices na wrong answer! Good luck!

Liar Liar
Primal Fear
Armageddon
Only You
Speed
Braveheart
The Breakfast Club
The Last Samurai
Rain Man
Fight Club
High Fidelity
Pretty Woman
Die Hard
The Green Mile
The Emperor's Club
Bruce Almighty
10 Things I Hate About You

jen said...

i'd make a couple more guesses:

01) Pretty Woman
04) 10 Things I Hate About You

sana tama.. hehehe...

Jela said...

The rest:

04. High Fidelity
06. Bruce Almighty
07. The Breakfast Club
09. The Emperor's Club
12. Die Hard
13. Fight Club
14. Primal Fear
15. The Last Samurai
17. Braveheart