Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What's On Your Pop Culture Bucket List?

This post is inspired by the film “The Bucket List”, starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, two terminally ill old men who went on a road trip with their bucket list – list of things to do before they, you know, “kick the bucket”.

But, the catch here is that the things in your list should have references to pop culture – movies, celebrities, music, books, TV shows. (And yes, it doesn’t have to be achievable targets. That would be hard, wouldn’t it? I mean can you even imagine breathing the same air that your idol breathes in? Aaaannyway…)

I’m almost tempted to just list down the names of the celebrities I want to have sexual relationship with (doesn’t have to be romantic, because I’m about to die and we don’t have enough time for dating and courtship, do we?) (Plus, I have lots of celebrities in my list! So many names, so little time!) but I must resist the temptation…

Or can I?!

So anyway, I made an “annex” on my list specifically for that! Now on with my list!


1. Have sexual relationship with various celebrities. (see Annex A)
2. Join the Amazing Race with Bom (because she knows how to drive stick shift!). Or if I’m paired with a previous contestant, I would race with Oswald.
3. Go back in time and see Sex Pistols, The Clash and The Ramones in concert.
4. Be a roadie at a U2 concert.
5. Watch a live NBA game and get Michael Jordan’s autograph.
6. Visit Bill Amend’s home and look at his Foxtrot materials.
7. Spend a lazy afternoon chatting with J.K. Rowling and discuss “If Sirius Black had been alive in Book 7 he would be…” scenarios.
8. Guest star in “House” as one of the clinic patients of Dr. House.
9. Tour Japan with Ikuta Toma as my guide (and he would buy me a nice dinner and we’ll eat lots of okonomiyaki and we’ll have a romantic date where cherry blossoms are blooming and love will blossom for us…).
10. Do a Top Ten List on David Letterman’s show.


Annex A:

a. Gary Oldman
b. Johnny Depp
c. Viggo Mortensen
d. Joshua Jackson
e. Daniel Radcliffe
f. Wentworth Miller
g. Hugh Jackman
h. Richard Gere
i. Rob Thomas
j. David Beckham
k. Jerry Yan (talagang dapat kasali?!)

No comments: