Friday, June 6, 2008

The Once And Future Adik

Damn. I couldn’t help myself any longer. I’m now a jdorama addict.

This is all Toma Ikuta’s fault! I thought I could limit my jdorama intake in this lifetime to Hana Kimi, the one that started it all. But when the novelty of repeatedly watching Hana Kimi wore off, I begged my friend John to give me a copy of Honey and Clover when he finish downloading it, only because Toma was on it.

But I couldn’t continue watching Honey and Clover! The story was beautiful, the cinematography was breathtaking and Toma was so so fine, but damn it! The story was beautifully, painfully sad. I want to finish it, I really do, but I still can’t convince myself that I can watch it without breaking into river of tears.

My solution? Watch another “lighter” Toma jdorama (See? I was only limiting myself to jdoramas of Toma, nothing alarming about it.). Enter Hana Yori Dango. Toma’s role here was short but very noteworthy. I think he is a good actor; he was great as the slightly cocky, funny, “oh-no-I-might-be-gay-but-I-don’t-care-anymore” Nakatsu Shuichi in Hana Kimi; he was convincing as the gentle, funny, “my-love-may-be-unrequited-but-I’m-still-here-for-her” Takemoto Yuta in Honey and Clover; and he was such a bad ass as the two-faced, vengeful “I-know-I’m-hot-see-how-I-strut” Oribe Junpei in Hana Yori Dango. I can’t wait for Toma’s new jdorama to air! I’m just as excited over the airing of the Hana Kimi special!

Okay, I’m blabbing. That’s because I got a confession to make. This is awful. Here goes: because of Hana Kimi, because of Toma, because of Hana Yori Dango, I have another crush. Ding, ding, ding.

His name is Jun Matsumoto, the actor who played Domyouji Tsukasa in Hana Yori Dango.

Heaven knows I don’t need another crush. I know I don’t need another crush! I know I don’t need a new addiction! But with the help of Wikipedia and a few bucks in my pocket, I went to MCS and bought three DVDs of jdoramas which starred Matsujun, along with three other jdorama DVDs. Just like that, a new obsession was born.

Oh, and I also asked my newfound dibidi suki to reserve me a copy of concerts of Arashi, Matsujun’s boyband. But you don’t need to know that. You also don’t need to know how I’ve been spending precious internet moments watching Matsujun-related videos in Youtube and lurking in Matsujun-centric forums. And you definitely don’t need to know how I downloaded Arashi songs, sung in Japanese of course, on my iPod.

Help, I need help.

No comments: