Friday, February 13, 2009

Got V?

I received a lot of emails today with the subjects “Advance Valentine’s Day!” or “Advance Happy Hearts Day!” and each time I mumbled to myself, “Advance? Did they intend to send these yesterday and forgot and are now too lazy to change the subjects?” and immediately deleted the messages. (If you’re among those who send me a V-day email, sorry that I didn't read it, it’s just I’ve received the same kinds of emails before (not minutes ago but years ago) and already know and don’t care about the gist of the message).

Then I realized that today is only the 13th and tomorrow is the Valentine’s Day. Oops.

In my defense, the mix up is forgivable because I’m already seeing too many flowers and balloons and chocolates and couples being extra sweet with one another today that I overlooked the date. And yes, that means I’m still going to see the same things tomorrow. How… exciting.


Before I greet you, let me first unstab my heart that’s been abused by songs my officemates deem appropriate to listen to on the eve of Valentine’s, including but not limited to:

  • Broken Vow (Lara Fabian)
  • Almost Over You (Sheena Easton)
  • Steep (Lauren Christy)
  • Beauty and Madness (Fra Lippo Lippi)
  • Is There Something (Christopher Cross)
  • Hard Habit To Break (Chicago)
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone.

No comments: