Friday, December 22, 2006

Advance Christmas Greeting

I’d like to be the sort of friend that you had been to me.
I’d like to be the help that you’ve been always glad to be.

I’d like to mean as much to you each minute of the day,
As you have meant, my dearest friend, to me along the way.

I’d like to do the big things and the splendid things for you,
To brush the gray from out of your skies and leave them only blue.

I’d like to say the kindly things that I so often heard,
And feel that I could rouse your soul the way that mine you’ve stirred.

I’d like to give you back the joy that you have given me
So that sunshine on your horizon is all that you will see.

I’d like to make you rich as I, who travel on,
Undaunted in the darkest hours, with you to lean upon.

I’m wishing at this Christmas time that I could but repay
A portion of the gladness that you’ve strewn along my way.

And could I have one wish this year, this only would it be
I’d like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me.

-author unknown

No comments: