Friday, December 8, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 101

There are 2 topics for this week as Dec 8 has special significance for any Beatles fan.
Top 5 CDs you'd like to find in your Christmas stocking this year.
and/or
Top 5 songs written by or performed by John Lennon.

I'm going to do both. For the first topic, I'm breaking it into international and local CDs.

International:
The Killers - Sam's Town
The Beatles - Love
John Mayer - Continuum
Depeche Mode - Best of Depeche Mode, Vol. 1
Happy Feet OST

Local/OPM:
Stonefree - their second yet-to-be-released album
Narda - Discotillion
Cog - Conflagration
The Dawn - Tulad Ng Dati
Sugarfree - Talaarawan

For the second topic, here's my Top 5:
Imagine
Run For Your Life [best stalker song!]
Twist And Shout
Ticket To Ride
Come Together

Man, I wasn't even born when John Lennon met his tragic end. But truly, his music and legacy still lives on. I didn't have to live during their decade to know how talented he and the rest of the Beatles were.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Great Lennon songs! and I agree, Run For You Life is definitely the best stalker song. 2nd best is Elvis Costello's I Want You!

Thanks for playing :)