Friday, December 8, 2006

Friday's Feast 121

Appetizer
Which language would you like to learn and why?

French or any of the Romance language. But I also would want to learn all the languages in the world, not really to master it but to know the basics so that I can communicate with the locals if ever I get to visit their countries - or just in case I join The Amazing Race hahaha...


Soup
What's the funniest thing you've heard or read so far this week?

One of my officemate, who is already married, suddenly blurted out to my other officemate, also married: "Uy, nag-sex ako kagabi! Ansarap!" ("Hey, I had sex last night! It was great!) (I guess the proper translation is "delicious" but, well...). My other officemate answered: "Talaga! Antagal na din nung huli mo ah!" (Really! It has been too long since you last had some!).

So the tactless and clueless me couldn't help but ask: "Talaga bang ganyan ang pinaguusapan niyo dito?!" (Is that what you really talked about here?!"). Which prompted a hearty round of laughter from them and a comment about me having a dirty mind.

Well, it turns out that sex stands for Sinangag (Fried Rice) EXpress. How should I know they're talking about that?! It's the first time I've heard of it! As it turn out, ah, SEX was quite popular and delicious.

And yes, this is funny even if the joke's on me.


Salad
Which movie was so bad you couldn't watch the whole thing?

I really can't pinpoint a particularly movie that I hadn't watched in its entirety because it's bad. I usually managed to hang on until the end credits and just laugh about the experience afterwards.


Main Course
If there was a holiday in your honor that didn't use your actual name, what would the day be called?

The International Day of Procrastination - because we all need a special, guilt-free day to just bum around and be unproductive.


Dessert
Name one movie which is coming out soon that you would like to see.

Wow. It's like you've read my mind. I was actually planning to post my Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2007. Anyway, here's my top 3: Harry Potter And The Order of The Phoenix [what else?!]; Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End; and Wolverine.

For the short term (meaning for the rest of 2006), I want to see An Inconvenient Truth and Eragon. Also, Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo (or something like that) for the Metro Manila Film Festival. (oh shut up. jologs na kung jologs!)

4 comments:

Barb said...

OOoo.. a day for procrastination!!!

Gattina said...

You better start learning all the languages of the world right away, because when you are 100 you haven't finished yet ! lol !

Wystful1 said...

Lovely feast.

Mine's served

Anonymous said...

I'd definitely celebrate your holiday with you!

Your soup was funny :D