Friday, November 24, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 99

Top 5 long songs (songs over 5 minutes)

The problem is that I don’t have access to my iTunes playlist right now so I’m not entirely sure how long these songs are. But I’m going by gut-feel and list songs I like that I feel qualifies as long:

  • Wish You Were Here/Pink Floyd - so, so you think you can tell, heaven from hell?

  • Master of Puppets/Metallica - master of puppets I'm pulling your strings, twisting your minds and smashing your dreams...

  • Short Stories With Tragic Endings/From Autumn To Ashes - did you ever look, did you ever see that one person, and the subtle way that they do these things and it hurts so much?

  • Jesus of Suburbia/Green Day - but there's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be, in a Land of Make Believe, that don't believe in me...

  • Crush/Dave Matthews Band - could tomorrow be so wondrous as you there sleeping? let's go drive 'til morning comes, and watch the sunrise and fill our souls up, drink some wine 'til we get drunk...

So I realize that, except for the last song, the songs my list are kind of on the not-a-happy-song territory!

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Pink Floyd are the kings of the long songs! Great list and thanks for playing :)

Natsthename said...

I almost put in a Matthews tune, too, but decided on the Built To Spill track instead. I love DMB!!