Friday, October 6, 2006

Heller!


The problem with working for a credit card company is that when I call a client/bank/any third party I have an official business with and the person on the other line doesn’t know me yet, they seem to think I’m a telemarketer offering them credit cards! (or worse, a collection agent reminding them of their dues) My declaration that I’m from this credit card company is almost always followed by an uncomfortable silence, and the inevitable “uhm, this is regarding what?”.

I should have probably included in my intro that I’m from the Treasury department but it seem too long-winded. Well, actually that’s not entirely true. To be honest, it afforded me some sort of amusement when my calls were greeted with some discomfort and second-guessing. Hahaha. I’m mean that way.

And guess what? Today was the first day when someone finally asked me out loud if I’m a telemarketer. “Uh, ma’am, are you calling her just to offer a credit card?” I actually laugh before telling him (him and his nice voice! I think I’ll call him again hahaha!) that my call is strictly business.

Sometimes you need a dose of madness to salvage a little bit of your sanity at work.

No comments: