Sunday, September 3, 2006

I Friggin' LOVE My Job!

[and if you get the sarcasm behind that, you friggin' love your job, too.]


I am stressing myself over my forthcoming 7 days block leave.

Yes, you read it right. I am stressing over a long overdue vacation. What the hell is wrong with me?

Just thinking about the tasks and deliverables I need to finish before I go on leave and the amount of work that awaits me when I get back (I'm looking at you, treasury package and contingency funding plan, not to mention the new tasks I would assume when I get back) is making my stomach feel all sorts of squeamish.

This block leave of mine seem to defeat the purpose of imposing the policy. I mean, it's suppose to be a break from the job, a time for relaxation, and supposedly would help me to become a better employee [yeah, right]. But I am such a nervous wreck right now that I don' think it's doing me any favors at all. For the last time, can somebody please bitchslap me?

Hello, indifference? Can you come visit me for 7 days? You may invite tranquility to join you on your visit. I need all the help I could get to vanquish worry and stress from my life.


*****

I was late for work 7 times for the month of August. Blast.

Not that I would get deductions on my salary (I won't) or a reprimand or anything, it's just that for the past 4 months or so, I've only been late about 2 times per month. For me, that is quite an achievement, especially since I am a slooow riser in the morning. So, it sort of breaks my heart that I am no longer as diligent as before.

Yep, winning streaks are made to be broken.

Duh. Why am I talking about work again? I'm just making it painfully obvious that I don't have a life right now.

No comments: