Friday, September 1, 2006

Friday's Feast - Feast 109

Appetizer:

What are some lyrics you have misheard (such as, instead of "Getting' Jiggy With It" you heard "Kick a chicken with it")?

One of the songs with lyrics I had a hard time figuring out was Pearl Jam's Jeremy. I couldn't understand the lines "Jeremy spoke in class today...", and when I sing it, I was just mush mouthing "Jeremy smochenpasohway...", or something like that.

Another unforgettable lyrics boo boo was on Tears For Fears' Mad World. I used to sing a line of that song as "I find hard to tell you cause I find it hard to say, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...". Eventually, I figured out that the correct line was "I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...". Nice line, huh?

There was also this funny incident I remembered, although this time I was sort of right. I was singing a song by Black Eyed Peas: "Let's get retarded, yeah yeah..." and then a friend of mine corrected me and say that it's supposed to be "Let's get started, yeah yeah...". Turns out there were two versions of the song.

Soup:

What is worst movie you have ever seen?

I've seen a lot of really bad movies but I can't remember most of them [because I've probably buried the memories at the deepest recesses of my brain]. The one that first pop to my head, though, was Megiddo [or something]. It was a bad, bad B movie, but it was the sort of bad that you just laugh at afterwards.

Salad:

Using the letters from your favorite number, write a sentence. Example: Tomorrow has really easy experiences.

Every idiot gets his trouble. (does that even make any sense?!)

Main Course:

What was the most interesting news story you have heard this week?

Although I have read about it some time ago, the formal decision to remove Pluto's designation as a planet was one of the most interesting news I've read in the last few days. Add to that the proposal of Commissioner Noli Eala to make slam dunks worth 3 points. Nice move, commissioner. Not. [I'll explain this in another post.]

[sidebar: frankly, I hate reading the news these past few weeks, especially with regards to the oil spill in Guimaras.]

Dessert:

Which word(s) would you choose to describe your wardrobe?

Comfortable. I guess that's it. I'm not really a trendy person, and excepting the clothes I wear for work, I'm the t-shirt and jeans kind of girl, sometimes bordering on the tomboyish.

No comments: