Friday, September 29, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 91

Top 5 song lyrics that best describe you.

**Tindahan Ni Aling Nena – Eraserheads

"Tindahan ni Aling Nena / parang isang kwentong pampelikula / mura na at sari sari pa ang itinitinda / pero ang tanging nais ko ay di nabibili ng pera"

I used the song title [replacing Nena with Dyela] in my earlier blogs, including the still active but not-exactly-updated Friendster blog. I would like to point out that the lyrics I used in my blog “pero ang tanging nais ko ay di nabibili ng pera…” had been, ehem, controversial. Those lyrics in fact do describe me, that what I really wanted can’t be bought by money, it’s just that that thing isn’t what some think it is.


**Angels Or Devils - Dishwalla

"The angels they burn inside of us / are we ever / are we ever gonna learn to fly / the devils they burn inside of us / are we ever gonna come back down / come around / I’ll always worry about the things that could make us cold"

I’m an angel and a devil. Enough said! [this really is a nice song, though.]


**Unwell – Matchbox 20

"I’m not crazy, I’m just a little unwell / I know, right now you can’t tell / but stay a while and maybe then you’ll see / a different side of me / I’m not crazy, I’m just a little impaired / I know, right now you don’t care / but soon enough you’re gonna think of me / and how I used to be me"

Just like what Rob Thomas, my boyfriend, said in one of their concerts, it’s ok to be a little fucked up sometimes.


**When You Were Young – The Killers

"He doesnt look a thing like Jesus/ but he talks like a gentleman / like you imagined / when you were young..."

"... and sometimes you close your eyes / and see the place where you used to live / when you were young..."

I know there are other songs that more appropriately describe then and now scenarios, but right now this is one of my fave songs so I’m including this on my list.


**Lost In You – Ash

"Staring at the wall / I sink inside / I think about it all / I get caught up in my life / I can't think straight / because it's tearing up my mind / I feel like I'm on fire, nothing I can do / I'm troubled with doubt / though I know it is not true / and it's times like these / when I'm dying to speak to you / dying to get through / dying to get through / the more that I think, how I need you / the more that I think, the more it seems true / and now it means more / than I ever meant it to / ever meant it to"

Because I’m more romantic than I care to admit!

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I love the Matchbox 20 song.

Mine are up here

Thanks for playing this week.

Natsthename said...

I love them all! And, hey, aren't we ALL angels and devils? tee hee. (some of us are more devils than angels!)

Anonymous said...

you've got good taste in music :)..